• 3(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
Hi Guys,

"MacGyver"

what does the "SET" Icon in the "List" (Movies) mean for?
This Icon is suddenly prompt behind the Movie-Name.
(2018-12-23, 17:49)swipe0 Wrote: Hi Guys,

"MacGyver"

what does the "SET" Icon in the "List" (Movies) mean for?
This Icon is suddenly prompt behind the Movie-Name.
It's for indicating that the movie in the list is part of a "set" and for jumping to the "Set" for the movie listed.

When movies are "scraped" by Kodi one of the fields that is scraped is called "set" and if the movie is part of a set eg. "X-Men 1,2,3,4,5,..." then something like "X-Men Collection" is added to the Kodi database for that movie. This feature lets you jump to other movies in the same set as the one in the list.

In other words, if you see "X-Men 9" in a list, pressing to the right and selecting the Set icon will list all the movies in the "X-Men Collection" set that you have in the Kodi database.

Here is where I described it.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
@MacGyver

thank you very much for your replay.
Can you tell me please, how i can disable this Icon(s)?
(2018-12-25, 01:57)swipe0 Wrote: Can you tell me please, how i can disable this Icon(s)?
 With a setting, you can't, much like you can't disable the blue/red resolution icon or the green 3d icon. 
If enough people support it we could make a setting that hides all three of them I suppose. I would want to run that by jingai first and get their thoughts.

You could remove the set from the Kodi library (This could be dangerous if you have Kodi set to delete things when removed from the library). Mine didn't remove anything but the set reference from the library when I tried it as a test, but your setup will be different. I would only try this on something you have a good backup of. 
To do this (after you've made sure you have a backup), go to "Movies" then the submenu "Sets", highlight the set you want to remove, then press "C" (or whatever you have set as a context button), then "Manage", then "Remove from Library". Those movies won't show a "Set" icon to the right because they are no longer part of a set. 
Did I mention the part about having a backup first?

A sort of simple way, would be to put a 64x48 transparent icon with the name "set.png" in a folder named "flags" in Metropolis' "media" folder. (ugly, but would get the job done)

A not so simple way would be to modify 720p/Viewtype_List.xml to remove the changes made to support the sets icon. (remove the 41 lines I added and modify 2)

I'm curious as to why, the space to the right wasn't decreased for it to fit and the the icon only shows up if your media is actually part of a set. Is it the color?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Just tried out Metropolis after a while, the beta is running smoothly so far.

Since i mostly use KODI for music playback:
Is it possible to include the display of artist logo.png and cdart.png?
I love that in other skins like Aeon Nox Silvo but i'm not skilled enough to tamper with MusicVisualisation.xml myself.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2019-02-10, 12:44)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Just tried out Metropolis after a while, the beta is running smoothly so far.

Since i mostly use KODI for music playback:
Is it possible to include the display of artist logo.png and cdart.png?
I love that in other skins like Aeon Nox Silvo but i'm not skilled enough to tamper with MusicVisualisation.xml myself.
 Got a mockup of where you think they should go? (Even if it's just a screenshot with red circles in the spots.)
It would have to go in place of the clock/temp.  There is already an option to hide clock and temp in the vizualizer, so you could put it in a radio group (show clock/temp, show logo, or show none).

CDArt is already shown.
So this is how it currently looks:

This is a quick mockup i've made of the same pic:
Bigger artwork, cdart, artist logo, additional info on right side,
rating changed from 10 to 5 stars (looks less cluttered with half-stars), no next track info (i like surprises).

I'd prefer this look as it shows more art, the same level of info detail and uses the space more efficient.

@jingai: cdart is not shown for me with this skin and i haven't found a specific setting for it, is there one?
Artist Slideshow also doesn't work, it is selected in music settings.
Both work if I switch skins.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Since v18.0 Leia is official now -- any idea if we're close to an official release of Metropolis as well?
Updated the beta.

3.5.0-beta4 (aka 3.4.24) - 20190301
- Fixes to allow the widget sub-menus to work under the changes made back between Kodi 18 RC1 & RC2.
- Added breadcrumbs for Roles
- Added DTSHRA, DTSHD-HRA Media Flags
- Skin support for Lyrics script
(2019-02-13, 09:29)Ouyeah Wrote: Since v18.0 Leia is official now -- any idea if we're close to an official release of Metropolis as well?
 Sorry Ouyeah, I don't have control of the Kodi repo so I have no idea. There are still a few things to fix though.
It will likely be a little while still before official release, but since MacGyver is kindly releasing betas, at least you have a way to use the skin until I do release Smile
Hello,  for the movie quality, when I have a 4k HDR it is blank.. anyway to get it to display 4K/HDR etc like it does for HD please?

Cheers
Mark
(2019-03-03, 12:11)markrennie71 Wrote: Hello,  for the movie quality, when I have a 4k HDR it is blank.. anyway to get it to display 4K/HDR etc like it does for HD please?

Cheers
Mark
Example?  Do you mean media tags or that the HD icon doesn't display for your 4k HD media? 

Screenshots are always good.
Hi,
I was using Metropolis on Krypton, before I started using Leia some time back to take advantage of Dave Blake's improvements to the music section. I saw this thread and installed the beta. Unfortunately, the skin didn't work for me. I got no text except for the date and time in the lower right hand corner. Just the blue background, with a black square in the middle.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, with the nightly of leia from 8 March.
Here's the ordinary log (it wasn't set to debug, and I couldn't do anything when the skin loaded to enable debugging)
kodi log
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0