• 12(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
@MacGyver so I installed Global Search from the Kodi repo - and a new menu item for search popped up without me having to set anything - all other settings remained the same. Thanks for the info!
Thumbs Up 
(2021-01-25, 18:59)atwk Wrote: @MacGyver so I installed Global Search from the Kodi repo - and a new menu item for search popped up without me having to set anything - all other settings remained the same. Thanks for the info!

Glad to hear it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hi metropolis theme lovers!

I have a question, maybe an easy one or hard depends on @MacGyver  mood  Rofl

Is it possible to remove the "all seasons" cover/display cause as you can see it is a bit ugly on the menu and unnecessary for me. Keep in mind that i can edit .xml files if needed. Or maybe to add a poster so it is not that ugly. FYI, I do not have any such folder inside or something like that, it exist on all the video libraries of TV Shows.

Thank you all!
-Vassilis
(2021-02-05, 11:56)great_vc Wrote: Hi metropolis theme lovers!

I have a question, maybe an easy one or hard depends on @MacGyver  mood  Rofl

Is it possible to remove the "all seasons" cover/display cause as you can see it is a bit ugly on the menu and unnecessary for me. Keep in mind that i can edit .xml files if needed. Or maybe to add a poster so it is not that ugly. FYI, I do not have any such folder inside or something like that, it exist on all the video libraries of TV Shows.

Thank you all!
-Vassilis

ok,ok posted too soon without a proper google search, my bad !
there is an option, in settings=>media=>video, you have to go to the top and click advanced and you will see a "show all items" entry. Off and you are ready !

Stay safe everyone !
(2021-02-05, 11:56)great_vc Wrote: ok,ok posted too soon without a proper google search, my bad !
there is an option, in settings=>media=>video, you have to go to the top and click advanced and you will see a "show all items" entry. Off and you are ready !

Stay safe everyone !

Big Grin
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hallo MacGyver. How can I quickly exchange theme settings between different instances? In the userdata folder I see a settings.xml, but it doesn't really help me (there I can only customize slide shows for backgrounds). Every now and then I change NAS drives and in metropolis I have smb music sources as menu items and widgets - where I then have to recreate the path every time - and this on all devices. Is there a configuration file that I can customize and distribute? And I remember there was a backup feature a few years ago. Did I somehow uninstall that or was that removed?
(2021-02-15, 14:42)atwk Wrote: Hallo MacGyver. How can I quickly exchange theme settings between different instances? In the userdata folder I see a settings.xml, but it doesn't really help me (there I can only customize slide shows for backgrounds). Every now and then I change NAS drives and in metropolis I have smb music sources as menu items and widgets - where I then have to recreate the path every time - and this on all devices. Is there a configuration file that I can customize and distribute? And I remember there was a backup feature a few years ago. Did I somehow uninstall that or was that removed?

If you mean move all your settings from one install to another, you can sort of get that by moving the settings.xml under "userdata\addon_data\skin.metropolis" and after the addons get reinstalled you can sometimes move the contents of the "userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts" folder from the old one to the new one. In addition to the various XMLs in "userdata" itself. Then make no other changes and reboot (even better if you can do the reboot from SSH maybe).

Now I say "sort of" because Kodi will overwrite the old copy you just copied over with any changes the app needs to make. In other words, you just copied over all the XMLs but when exiting Kodi it "saves changes on exit" well that just undid your copying. Sometimes the only way to keep the changes is to just pull the plug right after the copy function finishes, but that can corrupt other things, so not a great idea.

It works most of the time for me, but sometimes menu items I have made from Favorites will just not work and I have to recreate them.

I also move the .db files from one box to another all the time (with sources.xml and the thumbnails folders too of course) rather than re-scrape everything all over again.

Just know that major or even minor version changes in Kodi or the addons can make that method stop working at any time, so be prepared every now and again to do it all from scratch. (and maybe even a complete Kodi install if the new version refuses to work with old settings in its XMLs.)

Smile
i cant instal kodi leia debian  under linux mint ..any help  ?
Better to ask in the Linux forums, but it usually is  "sudo apt-get install kodi -y" or something of the like.
Thank you for reply mr mcgayver , kodi installed ..but i cant install Metropolis : )  Any help  ?
(2022-02-06, 22:23)fortune Wrote: Thank you for reply mr mcgayver , kodi installed ..but i cant install Metropolis : )  Any help  ?

Maybe, going to need Kodi version and what you see when you try to install via the addon downloader.
im using kodi 18.6 Leia and there is no Metropolis skin under Addons ....
intalled 19  , and install Metropolis , problem solved : )
Hello,

Yes i'm still using 18.9 version ONLY for metropolis skin. i'm very keen to details so to go to v22 and have to install another skin and take the time to make it as i want is something that i just don't have the time. I love Metropolis, i have customise many .xml with the help of MacGyver so as long as it is working i'm fine.

My question, i do not know if MacGyver is active any more on this but i see the subtitles and the size from 32 it goes to 34. 32 are small 34 are big  Laugh
Is there any .xml i can edit or something that can make the size 33 ?

Thank you in advance.
(2023-09-27, 11:27)great_vc Wrote: Hello,

Yes i'm still using 18.9 version ONLY for metropolis skin. i'm very keen to details so to go to v22 and have to install another skin and take the time to make it as i want is something that i just don't have the time. I love Metropolis, i have customise many .xml with the help of MacGyver so as long as it is working i'm fine.

My question, i do not know if MacGyver is active any more on this but i see the subtitles and the size from 32 it goes to 34. 32 are small 34 are big  Laugh
Is there any .xml i can edit or something that can make the size 33 ?

Thank you in advance.

I think you could just take 720p/Font.xml from my old version and put it in the new, it just has larger sizes.
Basically just this:
Code:
        <font>
            <name>font13</name>
            <filename>Arial.ttf</filename>
            <size>20</size>
        </font>
 into this:
Code:
        <font>
            <name>font13</name>
            <filename>Arial.ttf</filename>
            <size>24</size>
        </font>
viola larger fonts everywhere.

You could just make the METF_TitleText ot font13 larger.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0