artist's images downloads and other stuff
Hey guys,

I hope you're all doing fine.

Well, I've got a pretty big music library that I've been nourishing for about 20 years. It's obsessively organized, meaning that all tags are perfect.

Anyway, I've been using KODI (LibreElec, Odroid C2 device) and my library doesn't show up so nicely there. Some artist's images aren't properly scrapped, some albums' cover images are not shown, you know, this kind of stuff.

So, I was wondering if there's a solid add-on to manage these things...Something like right click artist /album> search internet for picture, you know, some add-on to manually search missing artists/album arts using more sources. Those default artwork scrapping tools are cool, but not enough.

Could anyone give me a hand here? 

More tips about methods and/or add-ons to keep my music library super neat are welcome.

Cheers,

Morguito.
I don't depend at all on any of the scrapers.  All my music is tagged with Picard, any art/album covers etc I download manually and I create .nfo files for all of my stuff.  Then I use the local information only scraper to get the information and art into Kodi. All online stuff (that could potentially overwrite any of my info)  is turned off.

There are third party media manager tools that can help you create the .nfo files etc - I think there is more of a choice on Windows than any other OS and they are usually more geared towards the video library, but more of them are now offering music support.  If you can't find one that suits you, its perfectly possible, with a little bit (OK, a lot!!) of time to hand-craft the .nfo files.

My music library looks pretty decent and I don't think I have any important art missing - maybe the odd artist banner or logo, but there won't be much missing.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-11-06, 13:53)black_eagle Wrote: I don't depend at all on any of the scrapers.  All my music is tagged with Picard, any art/album covers etc I download manually and I create .nfo files for all of my stuff.  Then I use the local information only scraper to get the information and art into Kodi. All online stuff (that could potentially overwrite any of my info)  is turned off.

There are third party media manager tools that can help you create the .nfo files etc - I think there is more of a choice on Windows than any other OS and they are usually more geared towards the video library, but more of them are now offering music support.  If you can't find one that suits you, its perfectly possible, with a little bit (OK, a lot!!) of time to hand-craft the .nfo files.

My music library looks pretty decent and I don't think I have any important art missing - maybe the odd artist banner or logo, but there won't be much missing.
Hey black_eagle,

Thanks!

So, which software (Windows) is used to download artists
Hey black_eagle,

Thanks!

So, which software (Windows) is used to download artists images and generate the proper nfo files?

I use Tag & Rename to organize tags, but as far as I know it's not capable of doing that.

Thanks!
I use https://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/ . It's cross-platform and works pretty well.  If it doesn't find any/all the info you want you can either type it in yourself its a bio or discography, or click and browse to artist fanart/logo/banner or whatever that you have downloaded previously.

I'm sure someone created something specifically for managing the music library that was windows only, but I'm struggling to find the thread for it right now.  If I can find it, I'll edit this post Smile

Ha, remembered the thread I was in about 2 years ago !!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=159323  -  There is some alpha software on dropbox links (it's called Symphony) but IDK if those links will still be active.  Alternatively, there is the collections stuff (see last page of that thread) but I've never used it and early versions were apparently bundled with adware so exercise caution if you decide to try it.

There are probably others. DaveBlake (Kodi's main music dev) or Docwra may know of some decent alternatives. I've always found MediaElch to work reasonably well though and with a combination of that and some diligent searching on the 'net I mostly reach my goals.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-11-06, 15:16)black_eagle Wrote: I use https://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/ . It's cross-platform and works pretty well.  If it doesn't find any/all the info you want you can either type it in yourself its a bio or discography, or click and browse to artist fanart/logo/banner or whatever that you have downloaded previously.

I'm sure someone created something specifically for managing the music library that was windows only, but I'm struggling to find the thread for it right now.  If I can find it, I'll edit this post Smile
 Thanks, man. I'll give it a try right away. Smile
My experience is artist slideshow addon can find (though worked better back when Last.FM allowed download of artist images) a lot of thumbs, but it stores those in its own cache and you have to manually look through the cache and select an image as the Kodi artist thumb or fanart if you want it.

Other than that most of my artists are obscure and I have to dig around all over the place to find thumbs / fanarts.

scott s.
The TheAudioDB Album scraper will typically get the best percentage of album artwork as we have such a vast cover collection and the lookup is a simply album search. It doesn't use the MusicBrainz API which can be temperamental resulting in missing artwork with the universal album scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
artist's images downloads and other stuff0