Like NVIDIA SHIELD TV but with a lower cost?
Hi, I will never watch TV programs with NVIDIA SHIELD TV but only my videos in 4k and high bitrate. Is there another of different brand device with the same processor and the same power but cheaper? thank you.
Yes a SHIELD TV
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-11-06, 19:30)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Hi, I will never watch TV programs with NVIDIA SHIELD TV but only my videos in 4k and high bitrate. Is there another of different brand device with the same processor and the same power but cheaper? thank you.
 The only media player with the nVidia Tegra X1 processor is the nVidia Shield TV AFAIK.
If you were talking Android TV Oreo, and live in the USA. The only other decent device is the Jetstream 4K Ultra HD.

It has an AMLogic Chipset in it vs the Tegra X1 in the Shield. I don't think the Jetstream does HD audio passthrough either.

Out of curiosity:
1) If I use Kodi to watch my 4K videos, can Kodi work and make the most of NVIDIA SHIELD TV hardware? With my Bravia Sony TV Kodi is not able to do it. TV hardware works.
2) When I will get NVIDIA SHIELD TV, if I will install Kodi, do I have to install Kodi on Sony TV or inside NVIDIA SHIELD TV?
I'm sorry for my inexperience.
Thanks
(2018-11-06, 19:33)Martijn Wrote: Yes a SHIELD TV
 You made me wrong buying. This is better: Dune HD Solo Lite Media Player for my pourpose.
(2018-11-08, 00:47)FoxADRIANO Wrote: You made me wrong buying. This is better: Dune HD Solo Lite Media Player for my pourpose.
No, we simply offer advice. You are making the final decision to buy anything.

Dune players have a good reputation, but they are using their own user interface and are not connected/related to Kodi at all.
Now I understand better. Sometimes replies so short put confusion. Wink Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Like NVIDIA SHIELD TV but with a lower cost?0