Nvidia shield controller issues
I love how easy it was to launch a game in beta 5. I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

There's just one thing preventing me from playing games on my Nvidia Shield, and it's the controller. When I launch the game, hitting the "B" button goes back to the game selection screen. Trying to re-map the buttons didn't really do anything. It almost feels like the the Shield OS is intercepting the button presses before Kodi can get to them. I'd appreciate any help.
Yup, same issue here.   A few were discussing it on reddit as well.   Seems Beta 5 fixed it for all devices/OS except Android..
Glad to hear this is getting looked at. I've waited for this feature for a long time, I can wait a little while longer.
(2018-11-09, 16:27)webMASTER_P Wrote: I love how easy it was to launch a game in beta 5. I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

There's just one thing preventing me from playing games on my Nvidia Shield, and it's the controller. When I launch the game, hitting the "B" button goes back to the game selection screen. Trying to re-map the buttons didn't really do anything. It almost feels like the the Shield OS is intercepting the button presses before Kodi can get to them. I'd appreciate any help.
 i like you bro 
 This happened to me yesterday while playing Borderlands 2 on Android. Instead of a Shield controller I was using a Xbox One BT controller so it seems something else is going on. I'd be interested to know if it has anything to do with ghost "start" button presses, the game pauses frequently, even when I'm not pushing the start button.
Joystick support is now performed by an add-on named "Joystick support" with the add-on ID peripheral.joystick. Make sure this is enabled, because the Shield will fall back on Android's (sometimes faulty) attempt at button mapping.

If that fails, can you upload a debug log showing the problem happening?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia shield controller issues0