How can I verify if my Nvidia Shield TV is the new model? URGENT!
Hi, I have just bought Nvidia Shield TV. I'd like to verify if it is a 2015 model or the new model. I thank you. Sorry for the urgency but it is real. Thanks
Pro or normal? How big is it? The 2017 normal version is a lot smaller than the 2015, but the internals are basically the same minus a few things.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2018-11-12, 01:41)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Sorry for the urgency but it is real.
Aren't you becoming a bit paranoid by now..? Geez.

You have internet access, right? Try Googling for "nvidia shield 2015 vs 2017 model".
By the way, hardware-wise they are basically the same and use identical software versions.

P.S.: there is also this topic on the Kodi forum, https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304226
There is no 2017 Pro model, it's the same as the 2015 model, they just started bundling an updated remote and controller. The 16GB models... you would almost have to go out of your way to find a 2015 model if you bought it retail. I won't say there aren't maybe a couple units that were forgotten about on some warehouse shelf somewhere, but about the only place you'd find the 2015 model these days is ebay or craigslist. However, if you really want to know, the 2017 model doesn't have a MicroSD card slot like the 2015 model, or an IR sensor.
(2018-11-12, 06:49)timstephens24 Wrote: Pro or normal? How big is it? The 2017 normal version is a lot smaller than the 2015, but the internals are basically the same minus a few things.
 It is normal, but I can't know how big it is the previous model.
(2018-11-12, 06:55)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-11-12, 01:41)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Sorry for the urgency but it is real.
Aren't you becoming a bit paranoid by now..? Geez. 
I am not becoming paranoid because I already am paranoid. The Shield made me it. Shield is the the worst purchase of my past 10 years.
(2018-11-12, 09:30)FoxADRIANO Wrote: It is normal, but I can't know how big it is the previous model.
Look at the remote and both Shields. If you still cannot tell the difference, then you better return your Shield TV box altogether.

Klojum,
did you ever had a defective item? I think my Shield is a disaster. Thism morning I even could not see the Shiel desktop on the TV. I had to lose 10 minutes. If Shield was not defective , it's a bad device.
Might as well as return it and save yourself some gray hairs at this point.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2018-11-12, 13:13)FoxADRIANO Wrote: did you ever had a defective item?
Sure... But I would try to solve that together with the store where I bought the item. I wouldn't go to an online forum across the globe, ask a question and yell 'URGENT!'.

But apparently all is fine now:
(2018-11-12, 17:36)FoxADRIANO Wrote: FINALLY I SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!! I thank you dear noggin, you have helped to solve all my problems. It was enough to replace the USB3 cable to solve any problem: remote control, colors, brightness, etc. Now the remote control is very reactive with every software. I replaced USB3 cable with USB2 cable. It seems incredible. But now a spontaneous question arises. As no one has or got my same problems using USB3 cables, what was my real problem?
My Shield TV came with a USB cable (no idea if it's 2.0 or 3.0) to charge the Shield remote and controller. It does the job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I verify if my Nvidia Shield TV is the new model? URGENT!0