Solved Fanart search without language
I've noticed lately that the fanart that's been getting downloaded initially/by default all tend to have words/the title of the movie on it. After a bit of trial and error, I realized they were coming from TMDb's image scraper and specifically when TMM is searching it w/ my language (English), which seems to prioritize these fugly images. Disabling the scraper works by just using fanart.tv instead, but unfortunately, TMDb does tend to do better with posters then Fanart.tv so I'd really rather leave them both enabled.

My question is, is it possible to add an option to simply not include language when hitting the TMDb image scraper? None of the existing options appear to make any difference.
Looking further into this, it appears that if you use "image_language=xx" (with the actual value of xx, as their website does) this will actually exclude images with words -- and would be a greatly desired addition to TMM.
I've put that to the todo list for v3
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
just implemented it in v3 - but I fail to find some good examples to test..
do you have any examples for me?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
I'm not sure the specific ones I was using at the time, but I went ahead and found an example. So for instance, take "Venom", here with "English" selected:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/335983-...anguage=en

And the same with "No language" (xx) selected:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/335983-...anguage=xx

You'll see the first one has the word "Venom", and that being the only backdrop, and the second one having "clean" backdrops.
(2018-11-12, 22:59)garretn Wrote: I've noticed lately that the fanart that's been getting downloaded initially/by default all tend to have words/the title of the movie on it. After a bit of trial and error, I realized they were coming from TMDb's image scraper and specifically when TMM is searching it w/ my language (English), which seems to prioritize these fugly images. Disabling the scraper works by just using fanart.tv instead, but unfortunately, TMDb does tend to do better with posters then Fanart.tv so I'd really rather leave them both enabled.

My question is, is it possible to add an option to simply not include language when hitting the TMDb image scraper? None of the existing options appear to make any difference.
 This is actually the exact issue I posted about just days before you in this forum under TMM v 2.9.1.4 - Error with TMDB image scraper for fanart? 

I think you have been able to articulate the issue to be better understood than I did, although my initial post I thought the actual scraper was failing. I later discovered the issue you identify, where it wants to scrape the "English" backdrop/fanart and therefore it looks for the subpar fanart with words on it, instead of the typical lovely designs we are used to seeing.

I had limited use of v. 2.9.1.3 but I'm not sure it did this, although the issue could be server side on the scraper changing something with their URLs.

Either way, it was indicated to me the solution was implemented into v3 and now also to you.

Hopefully between both our posts the issue does get rectified because I think 99% of people scraping would rather the "no Language" fanart/backdrop over the "English" ones that are currently being scrapped.

@mlaggner go back to my thread and use one of the two movies I mentioned as examples as well if you want to test if your solution works; the screenshots should make it easy for you to determine what is desired to be scarped over what is currently being scrapped.
thanks - already had some positive tests and integrated this into v3 nightly build (sry I forgot to mention this here - just having too much things to do Sad ).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart search without language0