Add possibility to set an emulator as default
Hi at all.

With so many cores it's normal to test and have our own favourite one: i can suggest to create an option in order to avoid the constant dialog about choosing the emulator to use as default without asking everytime which one we want to use in order to open a Rom/game.
It's quiet annoying after a while have always the dialog about what emulator we want to use. It can be set as default with a button to clear the property and ask again the choice

Best Regards
(2018-11-13, 12:02)3xistence Wrote: Hi at all.

With so many cores it's normal to test and have our own favourite one: i can suggest to create an option in order to avoid the constant dialog about choosing the emulator to use as default without asking everytime which one we want to use in order to open a Rom/game.
It's quiet annoying after a while have always the dialog about what emulator we want to use. It can be set as default with a button to clear the property and ask again the choice

Best Regards
You can sett this per folder inside of IAGL for each console, not for each game.
As sweed said, there is a way to do that via code (which I think my addon and AEL and RCB support).  There's no way to do that via the Kodi gui yet with your local files since the Game Library isn't implemented yet.

The best I think you can do is to go into addons and disable all the addons you don't want to use as the default, and leave only the one you want to use as the default.
Here's an example I did for NES:

Now when I select an .nes file from the Game section, it will auto start with Nestopia (since thats the only available enabled option).
I agree that this would be a nice option.  What I've been doing in the mean time to prevent the kids from picking the wrong emulator is to install all of them and disable the ones I don't want them to use.
Emulators which save state will show up on the list with an icon indicating there is a save, helpful for quickly finding the needed emulator from the list. 

Setting a default would be great or at least have the last used emulator placed at the top of the emulator list.
Yes, this should be implemented as an option in the Context Menu of a Game Folder. Please don't implement this feature but make it dependent on "libraries". I've been using Kodi since the early Xbox0 days. I've never used libraries and never want to.
bit of help needed please if possible

am up and running but just got a few issues 

1  using s905w and s905x2 boxes so is it correct i cant use retroarch if just using kodi18/retroplayer
2  emulators- i havn't got the nes nestopia emulator in my emulators in kodi..do you need to get them from elsewhere
3  regarding save states-  does save states work and if so does that rely on the emulator being used and if so is there a way to know which emulator will save 

as for ps1 games etc i think we need extra files adding dont we..i will read up about all that later today 

appreciate any help given

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add possibility to set an emulator as default00