Add possibility to set an emulator as default
(2019-11-14, 11:05)ghizzu Wrote: One must keep in mind that Retroplay is a five years' (at least) work of a single developer (garbear) that recently has slowed down his commitment to the project, and (as far as I can tell from the github page) noone seems to work fulltime on it. I don't think that is a Kodi team choice: probably there aren't developers willing to do it. It's a downside of the open source projects.
Exactly. And stop bitching about other people's hard work not living up to your expectations or "advertisements" 😂

It's a shame no one is picking this up as it's great to be able to launch a game from the main Kodi menu and still get notifications on screen. It is very easy to set up too. Hopefully as emulators mature and hardware gets more powerful we'll start to see better compatibility with other retro emulators and devs will see the benefits of having an all in one interface for home entertainment.
You could also install the iagl add-on which uses kodis liberto cores ( or alternatively launches retroarch) and gives you the option to set a given core per game list.
many bugs which will resolve undergo in many ways, so it has to discriminate about all the technical coding which has no platform it has to do something for that. Open graph which have some coding funda which already have to test the game experience.
(2019-11-14, 11:05)ghizzu Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 13:51)Video Titles Wrote: As much as I would love to have an all singing all dancing Kodi, but emulation is years away from where it needs to be in terms of development. I thought that when Kodi 18 was advertised emulation was working 100% sadly this was not the case, and Kodi 19 is being advertised to where it should be working 100% but I honestly cannot see this, so you might have to wait till Kodi 20 or beyond.

Emulation for Kodi, is low on the agenda. What I mean by that is if you have a team of 100 working on the movie side, there are only about 10 working on the emulation side. So the lower the number of people working on emulation, the longer that it will take to finish.
If you're comparing Kodi to Retroarch, I think you're somehow right. Retroplay doesn't work with cores that nees 3d OpenGL, sometimes controllers don't work as expected, and Retroarch offers a plethora of options and (when properly configured, which can be hard) gives an overall better game experience. But at least for 8-16 bit consoles, Kodi is a simpler and quickier alternative.

One must keep in mind that Retroplay is a five years' (at least) work of a single developer (garbear) that recently has slowed down his commitment to the project, and (as far as I can tell from the github page) noone seems to work fulltime on it. I don't think that is a Kodi team choice: probably there aren't developers willing to do it. It's a downside of the open source projects. 
If it wasnt for the lack of other frontends like RetroArch or Lakka, I would have switched already a while ago.
Buying a Raspberry Pi 4 was kind of a mistake I guess. Even after months, most other options are not offered for the Pi 4.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add possibility to set an emulator as default0