OS X Successfully Mounted Share Recovery HD during playback
This is on OS X 10.3.6 with kodi-20181109-a948f998-master-x86_64. During playback, about once every half hour an information dialog pops up stating "Successfully mounted share Recovery HD" or something close, and then a few seconds later "Successfully Unmounted Share Recovery HD." Naturally after turning on debug, I can't get it to repeat, but I'll keep trying and post a log when I can.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find out how to suppress notifications in general while playing a video. I don't really want to know if drives are mounted and unmounted while watching TV or a movie. Also, I read this might have something to do with displaying hidden files in Finder. I've disabled that and might have solved the issue since it hasn't re-appeared. Anyone else run into this?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14881
Thanks for that!
Could you please try beta5 and tell us if that behavior was there already too?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/osx/x86_...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-11-16, 08:06)Memphiz Wrote: Could you please try beta5 and tell us if that behavior was there already too?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/osx/x86_...x86_64.dmg

It's fixed already, but not yet merged. See my post from yesterday. It was caused by my recent macOS storage provider changes which introduced mounted/unmounted notifications for the first time on macOS. While you want to see this notifications when in gui mode you don't want them while you are playing media in fullscreen mode. My fix implements exactly that.
Then I wonder what continuously mounts and unmounts that partition ... you don’t want to see this In the UI either when this happens periodically. Just wanted to make sure that not Kodi is the cause for those mounts...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2018-11-16, 20:30)Memphiz Wrote: Then I wonder what continuously mounts and unmounts that partition ... you don’t want to see this In the UI either when this happens periodically. Just wanted to make sure that not Kodi is the cause for those mounts...

Timemachine maybe?
Recovery HD is a hidden partition usually
(2018-11-17, 19:44)Memphiz Wrote: Recovery HD is a hidden partition usually
 It also sometimes mounts the EFI partition, again just for a few seconds. Hiding the hidden files didn't fix it as I hoped it would in my first post, but I haven't been able to capture a debug log when it occurred. I'm about to be away from the machine for a few days, but if you want I can try to capture the log when I return next week. I also haven't upgraded to a newer nightly in case you want me to capture the debug log to see if it shows why the partitions in question are being mounted. Thanks again for looking into this.
It would be interesting if those also get mounted when Kodi is not running (no idea how to check this though). For mounting the EFI Partition at least on my Mac OS - you need to enter your user password. No way that Kodi could do so without asking. I wonder if those messages are for real or some “false” alert.
I still have these "pop ups message" problems with latest Kodi v18 "Leia" RC 3, also with latest Nightlies..
Is there something i can do to turn off these messages?
Thanks for help
Could you post a debug log (wiki) while the pop ups appear?
(2018-12-18, 11:56)Memphiz Wrote: Could you post a debug log (wiki) while the pop ups appear?
     Have a look here: 
edit: log removed..

Thanks!

Btw. These annoying messages appear in gui mode all the time (at least 10 times in about 2 minutes..)
Also, my screen turns black for a couple of seconds when kodi has closed...
I removed the mount/unmount popups completely. Fix will be included in next nightly build/RC4: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15088

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Successfully Mounted Share Recovery HD during playback0