XBOX Kodi Beta5 Video playback issues
Hi All

Since the Bata3 which now became Beta 5 video playback is just plain awfull.
Im getting green screens when starting a video combined with no audio and if I try to either pause or seek during a video file basically crashed kodi.

This is happening for both H264 and H265 content.

Can anyone advise ?
My advice is to provide a log.
Turning off hardware acceleration fixed the issue for me. The last Xbox update seem to have changed something with the gpu.
I think I am experiencing this issue as well. Will try to get a log tonight or tomorrow.
Wondering if you happen to have passthrough audio enabled? Xbox doesn't support that on non Microsoft apps. I had inadvertently turned that on one time and this sounds exactly like what happened. Green flashes, fuzzy pixellated picture for a few seconds, then eventually the whole thing locks up and crashes ...
Same here. Crashes after +- 10 mins of playback. Green screen for 10 seconds when starting or skipping a video. When it’s crashes my Xbox my Xbox always loses connection to Xbox live really weird. Pretty much impossible to watch a video right now using Kodi on Xbox.
I have audio passthrough on my Xbox One X enabled, and am seeing odd green/black screens at the start of playback (beginning of file, or if I skip with my remote).  But audio works immediately, and video eventually.  I'd hope I don't need to change global device settings to fix this app's playback issues, and break Netflix and other uses (or need to change the setting anytime I use this for playback).

Or do you mean a setting inside the app itself?  Seems like it should be hard coded for now if that'll break stuff.  I'll have to look now as I might have poked a Kodi setting.
(2018-11-17, 00:41)gmills00 Wrote: Turning off hardware acceleration fixed the issue for me. The last Xbox update seem to have changed something with the gpu.

Same here!
As gmills00 mentioned in the 3rd post. this can be fixed (at least on the standard XboxOne) by disabling hardware acceleration within kodi.
Confirm disabling hardware acceleration resolved the green at the start of videos for me. Xbox One X.
Yes disabling DXVA2 solves it, but the quality is hurt by it. 

I really need this fixed please. It has been since beta3? 

I thought it was fixed as I tried again now in 18.1, but that was false alarm. After several hours it came back, but a reboot fixed it. Some kind of memory issue?

Using Tvheadend.
The green screen issue on Xbox one makes me question if the console is even using hardware decoding at all?
Its the same issue we used to see during the early days of windows when relying on software codecs.

I've looked everywhere for the implementation specs of Kodi on the Xbox one, and can't find them anywhere. I'd love to know why my raspberry pi 3 running Kodi Leia boots and indeed runs far better than the Xbox one version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Beta5 Video playback issues0