Kodi 18 beta5 Android, Can't timeshift active recording
Hi,

I have the same issue with libreelec and live recordings, also if i set a program to record in the kodi tv guide, it takes about 1-2mins for the little clock to show up on the guide, and kodi stutters a little after you press the record button.

heres a log i posted in the libreelec nightly forum a while ago, and if i can help further let me know..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1njuWy-...zplqpuVk5R

Kind Regards

Bucky
I've just pushed a new addon version v3.5.14 that hopefully fixes the seeks in in-progress recordings.

This also needs a new TVServerKodi plugin (1.x.0.140). You can download the new TVServerKodi plugin from Github or my website.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi.
Sadly the new version did not really fix the navigation issues on active recordings. Opposite to the previous version it tries to navigate (the old version didn't do anything) so this is a step into the right direction. As the duration of the video never is refreshed you only can navigate in the time frame the recording already was running as Kodi was started. If a recording starts while Kodi already was running the recording only has a duration of 1 second until it's finished... Even a restart of Kodi or the whole Box did not refresh the duration of a recording. So still no navigation possible...

On 17.6 the duration was refreshed at least when you stop/start playback (better would be if it is refreshed constantly) but with 18 this never get refreshed at all... 

I've tested with the latest version (from yesterday) of the TVServerKodi Plugin for MP 2.2 and the most recent version (also from yesterday) of the MediaPortal PVR Addon on Kodi 18 RC2 running on an Android 7.1.2 TV Box (AML S912 Box)
I am changing the duration of the recording continously. For in progress recordings I'm sending the duration as "current time - start time - 10 s" to Kodi.
The recording should have a minimum length of 10 seconds at the moment, otherwise, Kodi wil seek past the end of the recording when jumping toward the end of the recording.

The strange thing is that Kodi is acting weird with respect to seek actions. It requests the file length multiple times, and gives multiple seek commands before it takes the actual jump.
The behavior of Kodi v18 is still weird compared to Kodi v17. It is completely unclear what an PVR addon should implement to do this right. The only thing I know is that Kodi bases its seek options on the output of the GetStreamTimes() function which I've implemented (see here)

I've tested this on Linux, Windows, Windows UWP and RPi3 and there it seemed to work fine but somehow I'm still not doing things right. Back to the drawing board without any clue what I'm doing wrong.
I will add more debug info to the addon to figure out where this is failing...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Hi.
I really appreciate your work and I'll try to help as much as possible.  I can test on two different Android boxes (Android 6 and 7.1) and on a Windows 10 PC (but without remote connected too). No OpenElec or other Linux system running here, only Windows and Android...

For Live TV (timeshifting) navigation is working and the duration is updated constantly as it should with latest version of Plugin/Addon...  This is true for both OS, Windows and Android.
But I still did not have working navigation in running recordings and no updated duration too.  Also true for Windows and Android.

Generally Timeshifting and Recording is the same thing in MediaPortal. Both is writing a .ts video file to disk. Only difference is, the timeshift video file is temporary, created the same time the user starts to watch TV and it will be deleted once playback has stopped or the maximum amount of used disk space is reached. A recording is a .ts video file created when the scheduled time has come and it is not temporary. It only will be deleted if the user decide to delete it. So I don't understand why timeshift is working and recording is not...

If you have something new to test, give me a call and I'll test it...
I will test rp3b tonight.
(2018-12-16, 15:44)Lehmden Wrote: Hi.
Sadly the new version did not really fix the navigation issues on active recordings. Opposite to the previous version it tries to navigate (the old version didn't do anything) so this is a step into the right direction. As the duration of the video never is refreshed you only can navigate in the time frame the recording already was running as Kodi was started. If a recording starts while Kodi already was running the recording only has a duration of 1 second until it's finished... Even a restart of Kodi or the whole Box did not refresh the duration of a recording. So still no navigation possible...

On 17.6 the duration was refreshed at least when you stop/start playback (better would be if it is refreshed constantly) but with 18 this never get refreshed at all... 

I've tested with the latest version (from yesterday) of the TVServerKodi Plugin for MP 2.2 and the most recent version (also from yesterday) of the MediaPortal PVR Addon on Kodi 18 RC2 running on an Android 7.1.2 TV Box (AML S912 Box)

I just download yesterday build, but I don't see the last add-on version on Kodi.. I just see 3.5.11 ..

How do you install the last add-on version? I'm on a Android box

Thank you
Hi.
I simply go to "Settings -> Addons -> PVR Addons -> Mediaportal PVR Addon" and then click on "update" (or whatever it is named in your Language. Here in German it's names "Aktualisieren")... Then you get the offer to install the most recent Addon version right from inside Kodi GUI...
(2018-12-17, 08:17)Lehmden Wrote: Hi.
I simply go to "Settings -> Addons -> PVR Addons -> Mediaportal PVR Addon" and then click on "update" (or whatever it is named in your Language. Here in German it's names "Aktualisieren")... Then you get the offer to install the most recent Addon version right from inside Kodi GUI...

I have done that , but I just see the old version 3.5.11 the new one according to @margro is 3.5.14

What version do you get ?

BTW I'm on a Android box with kodi night build of this Saturday
Dear Margro,

I tries the latest Libreelec nightly #1215 (RPi3b) with the latest pvr plugin v1.20.0.140 and mediaportal 2.2 final, for me the timeshifting of tv shows currently recording seems to be working better.

I'm still having problems setting a tv show to record via to kodi guide, when i press record on the remote, the cpu usage goes high, kodi stutters a little and about a minute later the little clock appears on the kodi guide.

Also if i lose connection to mediaportal kodi reboots.

I've attached a latest log, and did the following:

1. play a tv show thats currently recording and timeshifted a couple of times(seems to be working)
2. then set a few recordings from the kodi guide. (problems)
3. forced disconnection from mediaportal. (rebooted kodi)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bv04wM...dXl7zJXjVh

Really hope this help you, and if i can do anymore please advise..

Kind Regards

Bucky

Edit: just tried libreelec nightly #1216 and timeshiftting something currently recording has stopped working again.

edit2 timeshifting a recording working with libreelec #1217 still problems with setting a recording from the Kodi guide...
Hi.
You're right, the latest version is not available in the Repo so far. I only got the source on Github. But as I don't have any Linux systems running I can't compile it myself. Need to wait until it's in the repo or someone else publish a compiled version in .zip format...

I got an updated PVR addon yesterday so I thought it was the most recent one. But it was "just" an upgrade from 3.5.10 to 3.5.11 I've installed...
(2018-12-17, 13:42)Lehmden Wrote: Hi.
You're right, the latest version is not available in the Repo so far. I only got the source on Github. But as I don't have any Linux systems running I can't compile it myself. Need to wait until it's in the repo or someone else publish a compiled version in .zip format...

I got an updated PVR addon yesterday so I thought it was the most recent one. But it was "just" an upgrade from 3.5.10 to 3.5.11 I've installed...

Hi @margro, how can we get the last add-on, we are using an Android

Thank you
To be honest, I don't know the details of the current way of getting binary addons updated in the repository.
What I need to do as developer is to push a new version as release on Github: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mediapor...r/releases
This automatically triggers a Jenkins build which probably uploads it to the repository...
The compiled zip files with the addon can be downloaded from the Jenkins build system. Click here for the 3.5.14 build.
Hi.
Thanks for the link. Now I got 3.5.14 installed. On Windows all look fine so far. On Android in general it's working but you can't start a recording because of broken skin. Normally I use Transparency but all other skins I've tried are having the same issue. The dialogue where you confirm the recording is not properly shown. It is without background so the underlying screen is showing through the text makes it unreadable. And more important the OK and Cancel buttons are missing completely. Excerpt for Estuary where this dialogue is working. I don't know if this is an issue of the PVR Addon or the (nearly all) skins. Nevertheless this should be not too hard to fix...

Aside this the whole thing is really slow. When you start playback of a (finished) recording it takes more than a minute before the playback actually starts. "Normal" videos are starting nearly instantly. This delay is for most if not all actions regarding PVR and it is the same on Android and Windows...
(2018-12-15, 21:03)margro Wrote: I've just pushed a new addon version v3.5.14 that hopefully fixes the seeks in in-progress recordings.

This also needs a new TVServerKodi plugin (1.x.0.140). You can download the new TVServerKodi plugin from Github or my website.
Your new plugin has not been updated to the Kodi repository yet

Iosu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 beta5 Android, Can't timeshift active recording0