Solved Compilation of binary addons in Linux
@wsnipex Thanks a lot!

@Bad_CRC You can use my scripts to compile the libretro cores. Follow all the steps, just omit the compilation of Kodi and the compilation of the binary addons.

If you use a recent version of Ubuntu use the scripts install-build-dependencies-debian-unstable.sh and configure-kodi-debian-unstable.sh. Then, edit the script build-binary-addons-libretro-cores.sh and select the cores you want to compile. Note that some cores (Mame, ScummVM) take longer than compiling Kodi itself, so be warned. I recommend you compile these cores first:

game.libretro.beetle-bsnes To play SNES ROMs.
game.libretro.beetle-psx To play PSX CDs. Requires BIOS.
game.libretro.fceumm To play NES ROMs.
game.libretro.gambatte To play GameBoy/GambeBoy Color ROMs.
game.libretro.genplus To play Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD. Requires BIOS for the MegaCD.

You will have a reasonable number of platforms to test. Here you have information for all Retroarch cores, extensions they support, BIOS required, etc.

Note that by default the binary addons will be installed in /home/kodi/bin-kodi. If you change the installation directory to /usr/ in configure-kodi-debian-unstable.sh and execute build-binary-addons-libretro-cores.sh as root (you need root permissions to write files in /usr) it may work, but I haven't tested it. If you keep the default directories tonight I can tell you the files you have to copy from /home/kodi/bin-kodi to /usr for each binary addon. In other words, you do all the compilation as a normal user and then just copy as root the required files to /usr.

Note that when you install a binary addon you have to restart Kodi, and the addon is disabled. You go to Settings, Addons, My Addons, and enable the addon before you can use it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Compilation of binary addons in Linux - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-02-01, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation of binary addons in Linux0