v18 Kodi 18 support
the only places I saw extrafanart was under tvshows and movies, but only for movies/tvshows I manually added extrafanart.
PS:There is something new called Multiple fanart.  Acording to the description how how it works it sounds like it would be smarter to implement it and not extrafanart so that Amber would work better on low powered devices like Raspberry Pi.
I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice if we could add more personal categories to the main menu.  Kodi is now my only multimedia device and it's used by the whole family, and it's more convenient to my wife and kids to have a direct link to some addons or external apps.
With the actuals restrictions of amber i'm short on options ^^
(2019-03-16, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:  Both of those are possible, of course.

However, having either or both of those capabilities basically means rewriting the menu system of Amber to use script.skinshortcuts fully.  For me, that is a big undertaking.  I might be able to accomplish it, but it would take me a long time.

As of right now, I already have a fully working version for Leia, including Games support.  I am right now going through each view (List and Panel are done) and ensuring they work with all content types, and fixing issues as I find them.  Once I am done with all of the viewtypes, I will publish a "first draft" so that everyone can start testing.

After that, I want to include Artwork Beef support (there is no more Artwork Downloader), Up Next support (replacement for Next Up) and hoepfully skin properly the Globalsearch addon according to the newest version.  

Then, I guess it will be solving issues mainly.  

How does that sound?

Regards,

Bart

I'd be very happy just to have a working version again - anything else by way of feature wishlist is a bonus Wink

If you're willing to spend the extra time for it then it would be appreciated, but knowing this isn't your skin and you didn't want to become its long-term maintainer, whatever you're willing to do is most appreciated by me (and as you can see by several others too).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-16, 10:02)stunty999 Wrote: I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice if we could add more personal categories to the main menu.  Kodi is now my only multimedia device and it's used by the whole family, and it's more convenient to my wife and kids to have a direct link to some addons or external apps.

I could add more with the current menu system of Amber. Today there are 9 personal (custom) main menu entries you can add. How many more would you want? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-16, 11:28)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-03-16, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:  Both of those are possible, of course.

However, having either or both of those capabilities basically means rewriting the menu system of Amber to use script.skinshortcuts fully.  For me, that is a big undertaking.  I might be able to accomplish it, but it would take me a long time.

As of right now, I already have a fully working version for Leia, including Games support.  I am right now going through each view (List and Panel are done) and ensuring they work with all content types, and fixing issues as I find them.  Once I am done with all of the viewtypes, I will publish a "first draft" so that everyone can start testing.

After that, I want to include Artwork Beef support (there is no more Artwork Downloader), Up Next support (replacement for Next Up) and hoepfully skin properly the Globalsearch addon according to the newest version.  

Then, I guess it will be solving issues mainly.  

How does that sound?

Regards,

Bart

I'd be very happy just to have a working version again - anything else by way of feature wishlist is a bonus Wink

If you're willing to spend the extra time for it then it would be appreciated, but knowing this isn't your skin and you didn't want to become its long-term maintainer, whatever you're willing to do is most appreciated by me (and as you can see by several others too).

Thanks for your kind words! I will look into it after I finish with my current roadmap. I 've always loved a good challenge 😊
I'm using it, please don't dump Jarvis style shelf, it is better than the original, don't have to flip up and down, and it has proper s01e02 markings instead of é1e2 in hungarian.

It is working well, why would you dump something that works? :\
(2019-03-16, 17:17)Merwenus Wrote: I'm using it, please don't dump Jarvis style shelf, it is better than the original, don't have to flip up and down, and it has proper s01e02 markings instead of é1e2 in hungarian.

It is working well, why would you dump something that works? :\
 Because there is no more Jarvis, and to simplify the code.  Are you using Amber with Kodi Leia? If not, please keep using the version you are using now.  The modifications I am doing will be for Leia only, the modified skin will not work in Krypton or below.  

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-16, 14:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-16, 10:02)stunty999 Wrote: I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice if we could add more personal categories to the main menu.  Kodi is now my only multimedia device and it's used by the whole family, and it's more convenient to my wife and kids to have a direct link to some addons or external apps.

I could add more with the current menu system of Amber. Today there are 9 personal (custom) main menu entries you can add. How many more would you want? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
 Well, actually i could use 2 or 3 extra custom entries to get a direct access to some VOD services that i launch from the chrome launcher addon, plus 1 application i launch with the avdanced launcher addon.

It would be (for my use of kodi) a nice bonus feature Wink

Thx again for your help Bart!
I have completed an alpha version which is ready for all of you to test.  I created a new thread with the download link: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130

Regards,

Bart
Works great!
Quote: Because there is no more Jarvis, and to simplify the code.  Are you using Amber with Kodi Leia? If not, please keep using the version you are using now.  The modifications I am doing will be for Leia only, the modified skin will not work in Krypton or below.  

Regards,

Bart

Kodi 18.1, Leia, the Jarvis menu is working flawlessly, there is absolutely no need to remove this excellent feature, you can rename it to something else, but the menu mode is way better then the original, you don't need to page up and down and all useful information is just there in 1 place.
OS = CoreElec 9.0.1

Jarvis menu. nice and clean, you can see the 8 latest added series/movies AND the 8 last watched episode on the same page with proper S02E05 naming.

Original menu, you have to change page to see latest added OR the last seen, but you cant see them on the same page. Messed up naming in Hungarian.
(2019-03-19, 20:55)Merwenus Wrote:
Quote: Because there is no more Jarvis, and to simplify the code.  Are you using Amber with Kodi Leia? If not, please keep using the version you are using now.  The modifications I am doing will be for Leia only, the modified skin will not work in Krypton or below.  

Regards,

Bart

Kodi 18.1, Leia, the Jarvis menu is working flawlessly, there is absolutely no need to remove this excellent feature, you can rename it to something else, but the menu mode is way better then the original, you don't need to page up and down and all useful information is just there in 1 place.
OS = CoreElec 9.0.1

Jarvis menu. nice and clean, you can see the 8 latest added series/movies AND the 8 last watched episode on the same page with proper S02E05 naming.ImageOriginal menu, you have to change page to see latest added OR the last seen, but you cant see them on the same page. Messed up naming in Hungarian.Image 
 Thank you for the screenshot, this is very helpful.  I will see how to best incorporate this into the version I am working on.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 support0