v18 Kodi 18 support
Hi all

Love this skin - have been using it for years. Are there plans to update it to support Kodi 18? Now it's nearing release candidate phase I'd love to switch to 18 but I won't make the leap unless Amber is on the way. Any news?

Billy
I’m sad to see this skin go to. If that’s what happened. Is there a comparable skin that runs good on the light weight system like a pi for Leia now? Not a fan of estuary.
I'm tending towards Xonfluence - it's of course based on Confluence but is very adaptable and modifyable. Also seems to run fine on my Pi zero.

Like you I'll be sad to see Amber go if there is no Leia update - it's served me well for many versions of both Kodi and Pi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I've switched to Leia on my Fire TV 4k 2018 as it's the most stable on the new firestick. Using Mimic which seems to replicate Amber the closest (so far). Would much prefer to use Amber though as it's superior in almost every way. 

Really hope it's updated or someone new decides to take up the development torch.
RC2 is out, not much time till the stable release. Any plans on updating, or we shouldn't wait for it? Sad
Really hope for further development of this great skin!
Mabe a christmas gift Wink
(2018-12-17, 17:47)Rushmed Wrote:  

+1
Hello,

I found a way for use amber on kodi 18.

edit the file addon.xml and change
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.12.0"/>
to
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>

next go to folder 1080i and edit the file MyVideoNav.xml and on top of the file add this line : <views>50,51,52,53,54,55,56</views> just above <menucontrol>9000</menucontrol>

the beginng of the file should look like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
  <defaultcontrol>50</defaultcontrol>
  <onload>ClearProperty(gallery)</onload>
  <onunload>ClearProperty(gallery)</onunload>
  <views>50,51,52,53,54,55,56</views>
  <menucontrol>9000</menucontrol>

and do the same for MyMusicNav.xml, AddonBrowser.xml, MyPics.xml, MyPrograms.xml

It worked for me, I hope it can help you.
Nice find, thank you!

Please note that your recipe is not completely correct.
I took the skin-files from here: https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber
This github has the most recent updates, I think.

In some of the files that you mention there is no line: <menucontrol>9000</menucontrol>
So I put the extra line below this line: <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
(2018-12-30, 16:22)bouwew Wrote: Please note that your recipe is not completely correct.

Nor is it remotely thorough. For a complete list of changes to the skinning engine for leia... see this thread. Wink
(2018-12-29, 16:41)JoJoForest Wrote: I found a way for use amber on kodi 18.
(2018-12-30, 17:27)nonJon Wrote: Nor is it remotely thorough
(2018-12-30, 16:22)bouwew Wrote: Please note that your recipe is not completely correct.

Hello. Please tell me. How to remove the top of the player?: 
https://ibb.co/rcCXf9w
(2018-12-30, 16:22)bouwew Wrote: Nice find, thank you!

Please note that your recipe is not completely correct.
I took the skin-files from here: https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber
This github has the most recent updates, I think.

In some of the files that you mention there is no line: <menucontrol>9000</menucontrol>
So I put the extra line below this line: <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
Yes exactly
(2018-12-30, 20:33)blackride Wrote: Hello. Please tell me. How to remove the top of the player?:
 I found, in DialogSeekBar.xml change at the end of third line

!IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)
by
!String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)
Thank you guys! I've waited soo long for this fix, thank you!
(2019-01-01, 20:35)JoJoForest Wrote:  I found, in DialogSeekBar.xml change
Thank you friend Smile

But how to lift the lettering and the part of the thumbnails in front of the background? I circled a red square that hides the background.
https://ibb.co/QXhDGMF

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 support0