v18 Kodi 18 support
(2019-02-08, 10:34)DarrenHill Wrote: The add-on browser screen also appears not to be working (just displays a blank screen, although you can still exit out of it). At least one the two Pi's I've installed it on at home, under LE9.

Probably because the default view isn't working properly with the add-on browser. Try changing the view. Worked for me.
There's no access to the blade menu to do it on the page itself. Or are you talking more generally?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Menu was accessible for me. Screen wasn't completely blank, though, just missing elements - fresh install of LE9 + Amber on RPI 3b.
Mine's an upgrade from 8.2.5 (and many more previously than that).

My screen is blank except for the top bar (the clock etc). I can hear keypresses registered, but nothing gets displayed at all including the blade so no option to change view. All i can do is back/exit to return up to the main menu again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Could somebody please post when or if Amber skin is compatible with Leia 18.0
On firestick..
Post #43 in this thread has a link where you can download a (partially) working version for Leia.

You'll have to download it as a zip file, transfer it onto the firestick and use the install from zip menu option to install it.

A couple of parts don't work fully (especially the add-on browser, at least for me) but it's otherwise usable.

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you so much @spudstuff for fixing it for us poor code peasants!

Still hoping the official build will be updated for Leia, it would be sad to see this amazing skin left behind
Amber skin doesn't work. XBMC GUI 4.0.0 could not be satisfied...Huh
The modified zip file version in this thread is only for Leia. For older Kodi versions please use the one in the official built- in repo.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-02-17, 17:06)DarrenHill Wrote: The modified zip file version in this thread is only for Leia. For older Kodi versions please use the one in the official built- in repo.
@DarrenHill , I can go through the Amber code and ensure that the changes in the skinning engine for Leia are applied.  I understand this would probably solve the current issues.  This would make Amber compatible with Leia.  I am not a skilled skinner, but I am good at following code and applying fixes and testing.  I would not take on regular manitenance of the skin, but I could find and most likely fix bugs caused by moving from Krypton to Leia.

I would like to take this on, since it helps me further my skinning knowledge.

Would you like me to do this? It probably would take me a week or so to familiarize myself with the code and apply the changes.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - it would be most appreciated yes Smile

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-11, 17:34)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - it would be most appreciated yes Smile
 Great! Thanks.  I will get started today and post progress in this thread.
That would be great! I have not found a Leia skin I like as much as this one.
(2019-03-11, 17:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-11, 17:34)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - it would be most appreciated yes Smile
 Great! Thanks.  I will get started today and post progress in this thread. 
Man this is great news - thank you so much!

Hopefully a proper maintainer can pick up from where you leave off - this is still my favorite Kodi skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 support0