v18 Kodi 18 support
Will you put it on github, so we can test it on the fly? Smile
(2019-03-14, 13:00)Merwenus Wrote: Will you put it on github, so we can test it on the fly? Smile

I will, once all the basic issues I want to address are completed. Most likely, given my current progress, by the end of next week I'll publish a link.
Questions for all of the Amber users out there that would like a Leia version:

1. Do you use/need/want to keep the Jarvis shelf functionality? If so, what's your use case/reason? I want to know to see if I can remove this from the code in case it's not really being used that much.

2. Since PlexBMC is no longer maintained (AFAIK), what are you using instead? PlexKodiConnect? The official Plex addon for Kodi? If you are using PKC, would you like me to include support in Amber for it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
I don't use the Jarvis shelf, so ok with me to dump it.
I don't know what it is. I use adding favorite links to the home menu, and vertical listing.
If I understand the "Shelf" to be the new added items etc on the home screen item - I think they are a great feature of this as others that use the kodi can see instantly when something new is added.
Raspberry Pi 3 B > Libreelec 9.2.1 > Amber Skin
RPI > Bravia KDL46WE5 > Optical > AMP
Synology DS411J NAS > 100mb Ethernet > RPI
(2019-03-15, 02:29)gustafarian Wrote: If I understand the "Shelf" to be the new added items etc on the home screen item - I think they are a great feature of this as others that use the kodi can see instantly when something new is added.

I think @bsoriano is talking about the Jarvis shelf style, this option in settings:

Which looks like this, with recent on the top and recommended / random both side by side on the bottom:

Versus the standard and default shelf style:

I do not use the Jarvis shelf style and I'm happy for it to go. Ditto for Plex support.
Another in the vocal minority who post here that doesn't use the Jarvis style shelves.

For Plex, via the official add-on.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you to those who have answered.  I will remove the code for the Jarvis shelves.  I will wait to remove the PlexBMC code, to see if I can get enough info on skinning the PlexKodiConnect addon, so I can replace the PlexBMC support with PKC support.  If I cannot, I will remove that code as well.

One other question for all of you:

3. I had to add a sixth (Amber had up to five) shelf item to accommodate having Game Addons in the addon shelf.  This sixth slot can be used in any shelf for any menu item.  What other shelf items would you like to see for Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Music, Live TV? Please let me know to see if it is feasible and I will add those to the code.  Thanks.

Again, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
Hey! I joining the amber community to say a big thank you to bsoriano, your help is greatly appreciated! thanks a lot!
Thank you for continuing with Amber.  The only two issues with Amber I can think of is that extrafanart stopped working some time ago. But I'm not sure if the issue is with Amber or Kodi. The second thing is the list view in several places seems to be broken/missing.
Personally there are a couple of things I'd like (the ability to rearrange the items in the menu rather than having them fixed as now, and the ability to add/edit the sub-menu items, especially adding sub-menus to the custom entries) but I guess you're not into that kind of more deep improvements?

But at this point I'd be happy to just have an Amber version that fully works with Leia including the add-on browser and access.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-16, 00:15)DarrenHill Wrote: Personally there are a couple of things I'd like (the ability to rearrange the items in the menu rather than having them fixed as now, and the ability to add/edit the sub-menu items, especially adding sub-menus to the custom entries) but I guess you're not into that kind of more deep improvements?

But at this point I'd be happy to just have an Amber version that fully works with Leia including the add-on browser and access.
 Both of those are possible, of course.

However, having either or both of those capabilities basically means rewriting the menu system of Amber to use script.skinshortcuts fully.  For me, that is a big undertaking.  I might be able to accomplish it, but it would take me a long time.

As of right now, I already have a fully working version for Leia, including Games support.  I am right now going through each view (List and Panel are done) and ensuring they work with all content types, and fixing issues as I find them.  Once I am done with all of the viewtypes, I will publish a "first draft" so that everyone can start testing.

After that, I want to include Artwork Beef support (there is no more Artwork Downloader), Up Next support (replacement for Next Up) and hoepfully skin properly the Globalsearch addon according to the newest version.  

Then, I guess it will be solving issues mainly.  

How does that sound?

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-15, 20:52)peanut Wrote: Thank you for continuing with Amber.  The only two issues with Amber I can think of is that extrafanart stopped working some time ago. But I'm not sure if the issue is with Amber or Kodi. The second thing is the list view in several places seems to be broken/missing.
 In what views were you able to see Extrafanart in Amber? So I can look and see if I can solve the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-16, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-16, 00:15)DarrenHill Wrote: Personally there are a couple of things I'd like (the ability to rearrange the items in the menu rather than having them fixed as now, and the ability to add/edit the sub-menu items, especially adding sub-menus to the custom entries) but I guess you're not into that kind of more deep improvements?

Both of those are possible, of course.

However, having either or both of those capabilities basically means rewriting the menu system of Amber to use script.skinshortcuts fully.  For me, that is a big undertaking.  I might be able to accomplish it, but it would take me a long time.

As of right now, I already have a fully working version for Leia, including Games support.  I am right now going through each view (List and Panel are done) and ensuring they work with all content types, and fixing issues as I find them.  Once I am done with all of the viewtypes, I will publish a "first draft" so that everyone can start testing.

After that, I want to include Artwork Beef support (there is no more Artwork Downloader), Up Next support (replacement for Next Up) and hoepfully skin properly the Globalsearch addon according to the newest version.  

Then, I guess it will be solving issues mainly.  

How does that sound?

Regards,

Bart
This sounds good to me!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 support0