Solved Kodi does not add the TV Show in my library
I have a TV series called ...M'Fal Për Shprehjen in my PC and this afternoon I added that show in The TVDB (it took me a few hours to add all the infos), so I can have it in my Kodi library together with all other TV Shows, instead of playing it on other media players.

When I name the folder as ...M'Fal Për Shprehjen, Kodi doesn't recognize it from The TVDB, however when I rename it as M'Fal Për Shprehjen, I see Kodi finding the series, but after finishing 'Update library' query, nothing happens and that show is not added at my library. I have no idea what to do to fix that as I renamed the folder in my PC and series in The TVDB as M'Fal Për Shprehjen and M'Fal Per Shprehjen, restarted Kodi several times and checked settings of media library and it seems ok to me.

I would appreciate any help to get this sorted. I'm linking a video to display what really happens https://streamable.com/bfgqh

Kodi version 17.6 Stable
Skin: Unity
Hello @PalmaBeats

Can you provide a Debug Log thanks. First delete the show from your library then follow these instructions...

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. In your case, scrape the show into the library.
  4. Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

Also...
1. What language do you have set in the scraper settings?
2. How have you named the episode files?

(2018-11-15, 04:16)PalmaBeats Wrote:  (it took me a few hours to add all the infos)
This is a concern. What were you doing?

Thread moved to metadata addons forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Probably should have watched your video first. I see how you named the files- nice and clean. But the other info is still needed. Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen, this is the link of the log: [link deleted]

The scraper language is in English and the series language is set to English in The TVDB as well (since they don't have an Albanian option).
Looks like your problem is the use of a different apostrophe M' to what TVDB uses, and it is enough to throw off the Search.

Rename your tv show folder to this... M’Fal Për Shprehjen I know it looks the same, but it isn't. Also, it is best to directly copy and paste the title from the TVDB site as this ensures it is correct.

I tested this and had no problem scraping the show and its episodes.

Make that change and see if it scrapes the episodes this time. If it doesn't then upload that new log, so make sure you still have debug mode running, just in case.
My Signature
Yep, it worked and the show and metadata are added in my library. Thanks sooo much for your help.

Consider this case as solved.
Great to hear. Enjoy!!
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not add the TV Show in my library0