Change/Add the possibility to change the action on click on viewtypes
Hi at all,
I'm wondering if it's possible to add the setting (action on click: play/show info etc...) also for the music section.
For now it's only possible for movies but i must observe that i prefer to have the artist/album infos before playing a song and for now i can't see how to override the default action.
Usually Kodi makes you choose the artist->album->track
i will prefer to being able to choose the artist-->have the info page of the artist and then select the album-->track

It's possible in some kind of way to do it without always pressing the Info button and choose Show info?
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-11-15, 10:53)Karellen Wrote: Which skin are you using?
 Thank you for your reply Karellen.

Actually i'm using Xperience1080
If there's a way to change the predefined command when i select an artist and open the artist info window it will be perfect.
I'm watching inside the various xml of the skin, i searched inside the viewtype but probably the views are called by some other page which will say what to do <onclick>
AFAIK is is core code that defines what to do on click, and I don't thik you can override (happy for some whizz to prove me wrong).

But my second thought is that a skin should be able to show artist info on an albums node i.e. what you want is an album screen that looks more like the artist info dialog. Maybe there is already a skin like that - there are a lot to choose from
(2018-11-15, 17:36)DaveBlake Wrote: AFAIK is is core code that defines what to do on click, and I don't thik you can override (happy for some whizz to prove me wrong).

But my second thought is that a skin should be able to show artist info on an albums node i.e. what you want is an album screen that looks more like the artist info dialog. Maybe there is already a skin like that - there are a lot to choose from
 Mhmmm, this is quiet interesting. So basically as core function if they will not add it as a feature the possibility are to:
1.use a skin which already have a viewtype similar to the artist info
2.create a viewtype which will show me artist info or album selection like the artist info screen

Thank you for your answer: you pointed me into the right direction!
It sounds like maybe what you want is a skin with a music viewtype that shows "multilist" for the "artist" library node.  That way when you focus on an artist (no need to "click") that artist's albums (that exist in the library) are shown in a second list.  Take a look at Estuary MODv2.  In that implementation, when you click on one of the albums, it uses an addon to add the entire album's songs to the music now-playing list.

If instead you need artist bio, born/died, etc that might need more skin code.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change/Add the possibility to change the action on click on viewtypes0