v18 Subtitles does not show whatever I try (on Nvidia Shield)
I would appreciate if someone can look at my log and find out the reason why I cannot show subtitles (present or downloaded). I tried changing default to English and other things I found on this board but it just won't show.

I think it is related to v.18. Just did few test and it turned out that subtitles do not show no matter what I do. Even for the files where they are within video file. For external subtitle (downloaded or already there) I can see them, nest to the file and I can select them but they wont show. Looking through my log I don't see any reference of subtitles? But I am no expert and that is why I ask for help. Please!

My log
I had the same problem. I've had the problem with different kodi 18 versions.

The solution is to change the position of the subtitle.

Settings>player>Language>Subtitle position on screen

change it from fixed to Bottom of video
14:32:33.346 T:162031428848 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Start with enabling debugging, either via the Kodi GUI or via the advancedsettings.xml file. You should get a more detailed log file.

(2018-11-15, 15:07)calexicoca Wrote: For external subtitle (downloaded or already there) I can see them, nest to the file and I can select them but they wont show.
Downloaded subtitles via subtitle add-ons should be auto-selected/enabled, unless you are storing the subtitles in a, for Kodi, inaccessible location.
(2018-11-16, 15:55)nelus82 Wrote: I had the same problem. I've had the problem with different kodi 18 versions.

The solution is to change the position of the subtitle.

Settings>player>Language>Subtitle position on screen

change it from fixed to Bottom of video
I'm having the same problem as the original poster. There are subtitles within the file available, on my PC I can see them without any problem in Media Player Classic HC. On Kodi I have subtitles enabled but they just won't show on screen.

I cannot find this setting "subtitle position on screen". It doesn't exist in "player => language" settings in my KODI 18 RC1. Can you tell me where exactly to find this? Thanks
(2018-11-22, 21:35)Breal Wrote: I cannot find this setting "subtitle position on screen"
Kodi GUI level 'Advanced' or 'Expert' is required for that. Change it via the bottom left menu settings level.
Thanks guys, this fixed it. After going to advanced settings, I changed position of the subtitles to bottom and they finally showed Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles does not show whatever I try (on Nvidia Shield)0