Problem with Center Channel on 5.1 Live TV Content
I've recently bought a new TV and now I've got some problems with the audio during Live TV.
My Setup now looks like this: HTPC(Kodi) -> HDMI: Audio/Video -> TV -> HDMI ARC: Audio -> AVR.
The problem now is that if I watch anything live with 5.1 Audio the center channel audio stream is missing, !!!!BUT!!!! if I record such a program and watch the recording 5.1 audio works fine as expected.
Other Audio format on video files also work as expected

I've tested this with the latest stable libreelec 8 as well as the current libreelec 9 alpha.

Maybe someone has an Idea??

Thank you in advance!!
(2018-11-15, 18:17)lostwithouthope Wrote: My Setup now looks like this: HTPC(Kodi) -> HDMI: Audio/Video -> TV -> HDMI ARC: Audio -> AVR.

Hi, is it possible to configure your setup the following way:

HTPC(Kodi) -> AVR HDMI IN -> AVR HDMI OUT -> TV

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Quote:My Setup now looks like this: HTPC(Kodi) -> HDMI: Audio/Video -> TV -> HDMI ARC: Audio -> AVR

Afaik this kind of setup does only work with passthrough audio but there is no passthrough for live tv.
What if you configure TV (AC3) from Audio_quickstart_guide (wiki)?
(2018-11-15, 20:10)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2018-11-15, 18:17)lostwithouthope Wrote: My Setup now looks like this: HTPC(Kodi) -> HDMI: Audio/Video -> TV -> HDMI ARC: Audio -> AVR.

Regards Hoppel 
Yes of course but it shows the same behaviour? Sad
(2018-11-16, 13:40)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:My Setup now looks like this: HTPC(Kodi) -> HDMI: Audio/Video -> TV -> HDMI ARC: Audio -> AVR

Afaik this kind of setup does only work with passthrough audio but there is no passthrough for live tv. 
I don't know, but it general it seems to work at least for 2.0 audio. Is there a difference between watching live tv and recordings from a kodi point of view?
(2018-11-16, 21:01)mglae Wrote: What if you configure TV (AC3) from Audio_quickstart_guide (wiki)?
 It works if I set kodi to 2.0 channels but then I have to change it always back if i want to watch something else then live tv.
(2018-11-17, 17:18)lostwithouthope Wrote:
(2018-11-15, 20:10)hoppel118 Wrote:

Regards Hoppel  
Yes of course but it shows the same behaviour? Sad 
The reason for this setup is that i have a pulse eight cec adapter and it tells my tv, after kodi wakes up, to switch to hdmi 1.
(2018-11-17, 17:23)lostwithouthope Wrote:
(2018-11-16, 21:01)mglae Wrote: What if you configure TV (AC3) from Audio_quickstart_guide (wiki)?
 It works if I set kodi to 2.0 channels but then I have to change it always back if i want to watch something else then live tv. 
AFAIK HDMI ARC is technically SPDIF and supports only 2.0 channels or 5.1 AC3 and DTS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Center Channel on 5.1 Live TV Content0