Do you use your PI for watching all online content or something else in addition?
Hi, 

I am an avid user of my Pi and use it 99% of the time to watch Recorded TV/Live TV/DVD rips from my TVHeadend server.

However, I have started to watch a little bit more online content:

1. I got myself a Netflix account.
2. I noticed that some shows (like Killing Eve on BBC Iplayer) were being broadcast one episode at a time, whereas there were all available to watch online.
3. Some sites (like 4OD) have loads of free boxsets to watch.
4. I am thinking about trying out Now TV.

As a general rule, given the choice, I would have everything run though Kodi on my Pi - having everything centralised and playing through a single device is by far the best way if possible.

However, I have started to diverge away from this for a number of reasons:

4OD does has not worked in a while, due to DRM issues, so I have to watch catch up TV from here on a tablet.

The Netflix app suddenly stopped working last night, as did the BBC Iplayer app.  I had to stream both, using an old first generation Chromecast that I had lying around (I am not particularly fond of this, given its lack of remote).

I was just wondering whether others on here strived to get their Pi working with every video source that they watched or whether they had something like a Roku or a Firestick (or even a Smart TV) they used in preference for online content.
Moved thread to the Discussion section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you use your PI for watching all online content or something else in addition?0