Retro BIOS Tool
Retro BIOS Tool

The Retro BIOS tool is a very simple tool which will look for and copy BIOS files needed for Kodi game addons in a folder you specify.

Usage:
1) Install addon in one of two ways:
Download the repository zipfile from here to install the addon and get automatic updates
Download the latest version zipfile from here to install by zipfile

2) Open up the addon settings, and set 'Folder Containing BIOS Files' to whatever folder is on your computer that contains BIOS files (for example, your Retroarch system folder)

3) Run the addon, which will check the folder you specified and copy appropriate files for kodi game addons. Note to run the addon, you have to be connected to the internet, so the addon can pull core info and parse the required BIOS files.

4) A report will be generated by default to show which files are present for your addons are which are not

Details:
Certain Kodi (Retroplayer) game addons require BIOS files to function correctly.  It's currently cumbersome to put those files in the appropriate spot, so this tool's main function is to search for those files, then copy them to the appropriate spot if it finds a match.
Adding an option for users to provide a url to download bios file from would be helpful.
download urls for bios' is a grey area at best... so probably not a good idea

on a side note, I ran this addon earlier, but it seems to have a bug somewhere.

18:48:13.815 T:140441722803968   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast'.
18:48:13.815 T:140441722803968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown addon id 'game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast'.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/raina/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.retrobiostool/retrobiostool.py", line 75, in <module>
                                                current_addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='%(addon_name)s' % {'addon_name':aid})
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown addon id 'game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast'.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

so looks like it's expecting addons to be enabled, when they aren't?
(2019-02-13, 04:54)raina343 Wrote: download urls for bios' is a grey area at best... so probably not a good idea

on a side note, I ran this addon earlier, but it seems to have a bug somewhere.

18:48:13.815 T:140441722803968   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast'.
18:48:13.815 T:140441722803968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unknown addon id 'game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast'.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/raina/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.retrobiostool/retrobiostool.py", line 75, in <module>
                                                current_addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='%(addon_name)s' % {'addon_name':aid})
                                            RuntimeError: Unknown addon id 'game.libretro.beetle-pce-fast'.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

so looks like it's expecting addons to be enabled, when they aren't?

Thanks, I'll try and fix that
(2019-02-13, 04:54)raina343 Wrote: download urls for bios' is a grey area at best... so probably not a good idea
I wasn't by any means suggesting that a url be provided by the addon developer. Just that a text box be provided to enter a url to get the bios from.

To be more Clear, It would be nice if you had your own bios files on a local nas to be able to just enter the location and have them put in the proper place.

So no more grey then the addon already is.
Updated this addon to V0.2:
Added buildbot game addons to tool
Added a report to the tool so you can quickly see which files are present and which are not
Hey Zach - Do you know if this has been updated for Nexus ? Keen to give it a go now game support has been fixed but immediately ran into an error.
(2022-11-23, 19:49)sunlollyking Wrote: Hey Zach - Do you know if this has been updated for Nexus ? Keen to give it a go now game support has been fixed but immediately ran into an error.

I haven't checked, but i will now. Thanks for the report.

Edit: It was an easy fix. V0.6 is available as a zip here and i'll add it to the repository soon.
hi, is your repo still active? I tried to download the .zip so that I can have up to date version on my box, but when trying to download the file, I am getting 404 page not found
https://github.com/zach-morris/repository.zachmorris/raw/master/repository.zachmorris/repository.zachmorris-1.0.0.zip
(2023-04-03, 11:49)ctyrka Wrote: hi, is your repo still active? I tried to download the .zip so that I can have up to date version on my box, but when trying to download the file, I am getting 404 page not found
https://github.com/zach-morris/repository.zachmorris/raw/master/repository.zachmorris/repository.zachmorris-1.0.0.zip

New version, thanks for reporting the broken link. Updated to:
https://github.com/zach-morris/repositor...-1.0.4.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retro BIOS Tool0