Audio loses sync on HiDef MKV files
Hi all,

Hopefully someone has a fix for this. About 40% of my HiDef MKV files lose audio sync after I fast forward and it never recovers. I've tried adjusting the audio sync without success.

I searched the forum and didn't find anything on this issue. When I play these movies outside of XBMC, I don't have any problems.

Maybe its a known issue but I wanted to make sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks!!!
it happens to me sometimes as well, usually few rewinds or ff fix it
Thanks ezechiel. Unfortunately, they never recover even after a few ff or rewinds. After a little more testing almost all MKV files have this problem. Anyone have ideas for troubleshooting this? I tried adjusting the cache with no luck.
Here's a link to my log.

http://pastebin.com/m2523a1cc
fast forward will also cause subtitle not to sync for almost all the video
yea this is the same reason why i'm not using xbmc as much i have a lot of hd movies and have issues trying to get them to play on xbmc i think they are still working on it
it seemed to work in the previous release it was just out of sync now in the current release i get audio but it's only i guess you can save the video sound track and not the voice audio
i think this is on the to do list and plus it's still in beta still works pretty good for it to be in beta
I'm still having this problem with 13859. Is this a widespread issue or just for keland44 and I? I'm trying to determine if its my 7600 GT. I'm thinking of upgrading to a NVidia 8600 GTS, but I don't want to if its not necessary. Any input is appreciated.
yea still no luck in the new build for me either
could be a soundcard driver problem

ive got my own htpc and 1 i built for a friend
i use a 8800gt card in mine with onboard sound ( alc888 )
same with his except he has 8600gt

and sound is fine for both of us
do you have a good speed cpu? perhaps teh cpu could be nto quite enough front for the codec used in xbmc
I have a system based upon the AMD 780G (integrated graphics) running on an Athlon 64 X2 5200+ underclocked to 2.2 GHz. Skipping and fastforwarding in mkv-files cause the audio/video to be problematic for a few seconds (the video is running really fast, like it's trying to catch up) but after that the sync is perfect again. Haven't tried subs.
x5nder Wrote:I have a system based upon the AMD 780G (integrated graphics) running on an Athlon 64 X2 5200+ underclocked to 2.2 GHz. Skipping and fastforwarding in mkv-files cause the audio/video to be problematic for a few seconds (the video is running really fast, like it's trying to catch up) but after that the sync is perfect again. Haven't tried subs.

I'm wondering what the system specs are for people with this issue. I have a 2.4 C2D with an Nvidia 8500GT and I rarely get sync issues. If playing back 1080p content, perhaps too many dropped frames end up causing the sync issues over long periods.Again, I typically have subtitles disabled.
Well I reinstalled Windows to see if that would fix the problem and it didn't. My buddy has the same cpu (2.2 X2) and ram (2 gig), but he has an 8600 GTS and its working without a hitch. So i've pretty much narrowed it down to my 7600 GT. I did read that there is a fairly substantial difference between the 7 series and 8 series. I guess its time to take the plunge. But it would have been nice to know for sure, since it will be a real letdown if it turns to be something other than my video card.
Same trouble, and it has nothing to do with system specs (though for the record, I've got an ATI HD3200 based on 780G, 4400+ X2, 2Gb Ram, XPSP3, IDT HD audio)...the files play fine via VLC Media Player for me...
Hmm. I have just finished watching a 1h30m mkv-file (Lost S04E13-E14) and after about 40 minutes it start to hiccup -- only the videodata, not the audio. It can't be fixed after that, even when stopping the video or even exiting and restarting XBMC -- I have to reboot the computer in order to fix the problem.

Seems to me like there's a memory leak somewhere in XBMC when playing mkv, which might also explain your a/v-sync problems?
Well, most of my buddy's videos were converted with MKVtoVOB, so I'll ask him to test a few other MKV's to see if he starts having problems. I don't really want to convert my MKV files. I should get the 8600 GTS today and will give it a try. Even if it doesn't fix it, at least now I'll have a card with an HDMI port, which is something I've wanted for some time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio loses sync on HiDef MKV files0