Audio loses sync on HiDef MKV files
The 8600 GTS didn't fix it but that's ok. I'm glad to have an HDMI port. As zeuss-axis said, it doesn't look like its system related. My buddy tested the few MKV's he had and sure enough he has the same problem. I guess this will be addressed in future versions. For now I will workaround this by converting my non dts 1080p MKVs to VOB.
scoundrel Wrote:I guess this will be addressed in future versions. For now I will workaround this by converting my non dts 1080p MKVs to VOB.

I'm running Build 13859 and Aeon 11C, and everything's working fine now. Unfortunately, I didn't test after each change I made (I had been playing with audio settings in Windows, installed 13859, and Aeon 11c since the last time I checked it), but it's somewhere in there.
zeuss-axis Wrote:I'm running Build 13859 and Aeon 11C, and everything's working fine now. Unfortunately, I didn't test after each change I made (I had been playing with audio settings in Windows, installed 13859, and Aeon 11c since the last time I checked it), but it's somewhere in there.

Sounds like you found the problem. Would it be possible to take a screen shot of the audio setting screens that you changed. I have the same setup. I will do the troubleshooting dirty work to find what exactly is causing the problem. Having a comparison will make all of the difference in the world.
If you're running Aeon 11C and XBMC 13859 and still have the problem, then the issue must reside in Windows. I have an IDT 92HD206 sound card, which has an odd admin app...there wasn't much config to be done within windows., so I don't know that I can help there.

One thing I would try--grasping at straws to figure out what changed for me--would be to switch your Audio Output in XBMC from Digital to Analog, and run a couple MKV files to see if the problem still exists. If not, try switching back to Digital and possibly the problem will have disappeared?
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
ok, i thought you were changing the standard windows audio settings. We'll the good news is that I have a place to start. Thanks!
Are the devs working on reproducing this? I have the problem too and my machine/vid card is more than good enough to handle smooth 1080p. They work fine in media center and other programs with no sync issues.

Please help us since I don't want to be stuck with 720p.

Love XBMC! Smile
Ya I thought converting to VOB might be a viable workaround, but it looks like that that is hit or miss too. I guess I can try to setup a 2003 environment and look at the code but I must admit I've never worked with video/audio playback before. Maybe the devs can give a little input on what the code is doing so that we can help troubleshoot this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio loses sync on HiDef MKV files0