v18 BETA 5 Media flags (info labels) not displaying after playing movie.
I've done a search through the forums and it seems to have been a problem in the past with v17. This problem doesn't occur in V16 which I'm still using as my main home theatre..

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198410

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306562

Not sure if I'm missing some addon or widget, but the problem does seem to exist just as a clean install and no extras. Just using default skin Estuary.

Settings - Media - Videos - Extract video information from files is CHECKED..

At this stage the problem only seems to be with ISO files where the NFO file has no information on video or audio, MP4 or MKV files display the infolabels fine.

The top image is a new ISO movie that even after played does not display any infolabel info. The bottom image is from a saved NFO file from v16, because the NFO file has the infolabel information it displays this fine.

When playing the new ISO movie, pressing 'O' for Player process info it can clearly read Video and Audio streams as per the below image.

I might add that pressing 'O' and then stopping the movie crashes Kodi Beta 5..

My log for those who can find any issues is below.

Log file
Those links point to different platforms of KODI.  We use Windows.  Why it makes a difference, I have no idea?  I have never been able to show ANY flags for iso's.  I used KODI v.16 as you do years ago.  No flags displayed for me then.  I wasn't using nfo's then either though but now I am.  V.18, still no flags for iso's even with nfo's.  Tried many skins.  No difference.  I assumed because many audio, video, languages, subs, etc. files are contained inside the iso container, they simply can't be seen when scraped because the container doesn't allow the scraper to see inside it unlike an mkv or other main movie only container.  I can see all the flags in the nfo for these these main movie only containers.  I see no nfo flags for any iso's.  Manually adding <fileinfo><streamdetails><video> values does absolutely nothing.  Using Estuary skin makes no difference either.  I agree it would be great to see flags in skins for iso's especially when we have nfo's.  It basically sucks not to have flags.  I wish it could too.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 When you play an ISO movie it would detect the media flags (infolabels) and display them for me in v16, so when exporting it would save in the NFO file. That's why I'm able to get those exported from v16 to work in v18.

Not sure why they didn't work for you in v16 properly as it did for me and other members of my family, even with default skins.

At the moment my work around is playing the movie in v16, exporting then adding this to the v18 library. I shouldn't have to do this however when it's worked correctly for so long (I never tried 17).

Also, as you can see in the last image at the bottom (player process info) it can read the info when playing the ISO (which as I said 16 did also) so it technically can display the correct media infolabels after playing, it just doesn't which to me is a bug.

NOTE: Apologies for posting links to other OS's, my KODI is also Windows. I thought this might help to determine what is causing the issue over what OS it is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BETA 5 Media flags (info labels) not displaying after playing movie.0