'Home Folder' destination
When I'm in Kodi and I'm in a context menu for an addon, there is often an option to select 'Home Folder' to locate files, videos, etc..  Currently on my windows machine that location it is pointing to c:\users\username.   I would like it to point it instead to another directory deeper within the windows users file structure such as C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi.  I don't need to redirect Kodi's userdata location which I know you can accomplish using path substitution, just need to redirect which folder destination 'home folder' points to.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Guess the key question I have is what 'add-on'; I've looked an don't seem to see that option with any of my add-ons which leave to me think this is a property of a specific add-on.
Not sure if it's addon dependent.  For example, if I go to Kodi favourites and decide to choose a thumbnail for a favourite, under browse it shows 'home folder'.  This is directed towards 'c:/users/username'.  I would like change the direction of this home folder to another location.
Setting the "home" folder in file browser to C:\users\<username> instead of Kodi special://home as was the case previously was changed in Windows platform versions of Kodi in PR#11857

See the PR for the motivation behind the change.  The PR changes Kodi to get the USERPROFILE value from the Windows environment variable or CSIDL_PROFILE setting (should be the same thing) to use as "Home".  Note that this change also affects portable installations.

scott s.
(2018-11-19, 22:39)scott967 Wrote: Setting the "home" folder in file browser to C:\users\<username> instead of Kodi special://home as was the case previously was changed in Windows platform versions of Kodi in PR#11857

See the PR for the motivation behind the change.  The PR changes Kodi to get the USERPROFILE value from the Windows environment variable or CSIDL_PROFILE setting (should be the same thing) to use as "Home".  Note that this change also affects portable installations.

scott s.
Understood.  Thanks for the info.   Just makes it a bit harder now to get to the Kodi addon and userdata folders now within Kodi when changing some settings, files, etc.  Especially if you are changing a number of thumbnails, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Home Folder' destination0