Error log various messages
Hi at all, i just wonder if somebody can point me at what can cause some problems.
I'm actually debugging the Xperience1080 skin so it can be that something is broken or outdated.
Let's go in order with some errors inside the LOG

ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog

i can't understand about what it refers, can it be because the skin is using the (script-globalsearch-infodialog.xml) and the original script doesn't use it anymore?
If this is the problem how i resolve it? simply deleting the voices about !Window.IsVisible(script-globalsearch-infodialog.xml) ? In all the skin xml the only infodialog voices are those.

WARNING: CApplication::Initialize - startup.xml taints init process

It's normal or there's something wrong inside the startup.xml?

WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
INFO: JSONRPC: Adding type "Setting.Details.SettingList" to list of incomplete definitions (waiting for "Setting.Details.Setting")
INFO: JSONRPC: Resolving incomplete types/methods referencing Setting.Details.Setting

This one i have no clue, i can't find anywhere into the skin a SettingList

DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(3, E:\KODI\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py): start processing
ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)

This one appear some lines after load the home.xml, can it be there the problem with the animations?

P.S. There's any way to have a more verbose log able to tell me also what file or line cause the problem?
Before printing the error/warning message can be usefull add the full line or instruction that caused the problem

Thanks for any advice, best regards
(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote:  ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog

the infodialog was removed in kodi krypton, your skin is still referencing it.
not related to globalsearch in any way.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: WARNING: CApplication::Initialize - startup.xml taints init process
can be ignored.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
can also be ignored, not skin related.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
there's an animation that's missing something. could be a conditional animation without specifying the condition, or the type isn't defined at all.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: P.S. There's any way to have a more verbose log able to tell me also what file or line cause the problem?
nope, Debug Log is as good as it gets.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-11-19, 22:02)ronie Wrote:
(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote:  ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog

the infodialog was removed in kodi krypton, your skin is still referencing it.
not related to globalsearch in any way.
(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: WARNING: CApplication::Initialize - startup.xml taints init process
can be ignored.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
can also be ignored, not skin related.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
there's an animation that's missing something. could be a conditional animation without specifying the condition, or the type isn't defined at all.

(2018-11-19, 14:49)3xistence Wrote: P.S. There's any way to have a more verbose log able to tell me also what file or line cause the problem?
nope, Debug Log is as good as it gets. 
Thank You Ronie for your reply and your advices!
About the infodialog, how the skin will reference to it? i searched into all the xml for something like "infodialog" but except the globalsearch- i can't find nothing more
What i must search for in order to remove any kind of references to this infodialog?

Thanks in advance
Best regards!
Skins can ship their own globalsearch xml files so you still have to change it there. Ronie just said that it has nothing to do with his own default and addon provided xml files.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2018-11-20, 10:17)sualfred Wrote: Skins can ship their own globalsearch xml files so you still have to change it there. Ronie just said that it has nothing to do with his own default and addon provided xml files.
 So the problem is probably inside the very own skin globalsearch (for sure there are some files about globalsearch inside the skin directory), thank you so much to point me into the right direction to solve those problems!

I removed all the voices about infodialog as it's not needed anymore on the new Globalsearch for Leia as well as the xml itself (probably created by the skin developer).
The voice still exist inside the kodi.log and it appear instantly after loading the skin
10:52:31.749 T:5040   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog
10:52:31.757 T:5040 WARNING: CApplication::Initialize - startup.xml taints init process

Another strange problem that i don't know what cause it is this one:
 ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "file"

I use mainly Kodi for music and easy access to my music library so there is not so much particular addons inside of it . Also the voice NEWADDON doesn't makes me understand pretty much what can cause the problem.
I don't know so much about it but i can provide every single thing on request in order to solve also this problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error log various messages0