Play Locally Stored "TV Show TRAILERS" (non addon, but using python from skin)
(2019-04-02, 13:24)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 10:47)mardukL Wrote: And btw, my mod offers the tv show trailer ,too.(but without skinhelper, just the method like it is descripted in op)  ;-)

I apologize for that! Have most of the core features of the skins in overview, but that i overlooked for somehow reason.
Both solutions are very promising!

What I would generally wish in addition:
-> Independence from file extension (although i only use .mp4)
-> Both variants, only trailer.mp4 as well TvShowName-trailer.mp4 are possible.
(Although only for me personally spoken, second makes more sense for movies, and first for TvShows)

As far as I know, both solutions working with visible conditions, i mean when implementing a trailer button:
-> If no trailer is there so then no trailer button visible, if trailer there then show trailer button   
Few notes/corrections on my script operation:
1) able to overlook local trailers if not set by skinner (via user settings/hardcoded) - thus limiting vfs lookups for where needed.
2) for tvshows - allows naming pattern of either 'tvshow-trailer'.ext or <tvshow-directory-name>'-trailer'.ext, regardless of extension type.
3) allows configuring of a specific container, if for ex. you're on a button outside of container (like spotlight in my skin), then you can point to the correct container holding the video data
4) if no local trailer is found it will fallback to youtube (if enabled in action command)
5) also compatible with a special case regarding widgets from skin helper widgets that lose their original path in processing
6) everything is done within the script addon, so you just need to configure when to call it. this means a few things:
    - faster, as opposed to running vfs check (from skin script, which is also slower than addon)->set property->check property in skin->call play command)
    - easier-to-use for skinner
    - can use one command for local/youtube tvshows/movies

Regarding 'visible conditions' you mentioned, depending on skin-implementation intended, most of the times I just check if the item is either a tvshow/episode/movie and run the command. I only use conditions for built-in settings to allow disabling/enabling of: (1) youtube lookup (2) tvshows trailers (3) trailers for addons' video content
I'm not checking upfront if the trailer is available - i don't care, if it doesn't find a result nothing will happen and that's it, otherwise pre-check would take time and be annoying from user-perception standpoint.

PS - I do need to improve implementation a little. but with all honesty I believe that for auto-trailers functioning (like in my skin), it'd be best to use a service that either sets a custom property path for trailers (both movies/tvshows) and then just using playmedia command (which would be FASTER) or runs the trailers as a service (similar to how tvmelodies works).
What are the requirements for local trailers showing up? Is there a way to only show local ones? I'm getting popup with quality choice each time it finds something which I;m assuming comes from yt addon
(2019-11-16, 13:06)tvsht Wrote: What are the requirements for local trailers showing up? Is there a way to only show local ones? I'm getting popup with quality choice each time it finds something which I;m assuming comes from yt addon
My stuff mainly comes from emby/jellyfin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Locally Stored "TV Show TRAILERS" (non addon, but using python from skin)0