Fire TV Stick 4k LiveTV or interlaced recordings
(2018-11-25, 00:20)alturismo Wrote: so its not a general 1080i/50 issue, its related to something .. what kodi in combination with this fire tv stick doesnt like Wink

and cross tested of course, same source all streams running fine, sample dream player on fire stick, kodi on windows, kodi on shield, vlc on windows, plex and emby on shield, plex and emby in browser, ..

It will very likely be the interlaced h.264 combo.

Attach a keyboard and press "O" to see what type of video you are dealing with, otherwise you are just chasing your tail around in circles.

(2018-11-25, 02:36)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-11-25, 00:20)alturismo Wrote: so its not a general 1080i/50 issue, its related to something .. what kodi in combination with this fire tv stick doesnt like Wink

and cross tested of course, same source all streams running fine, sample dream player on fire stick, kodi on windows, kodi on shield, vlc on windows, plex and emby on shield, plex and emby in browser, ..

It will very likely be the interlaced h.264 combo.

Attach a keyboard and press "O" to see what type of video you are dealing with, otherwise you are just chasing your tail around in circles. 
oh, sorry if i didnt made it clear when this happens here.

it is always 1080i/50 x264 interlaced, thats for sure, its just not to define exactly cause some work and some not ... that was meant.
and i have only 720p/50 (working always), 2160p/50 (working always), 1080i/50 (as described ... see logs)

and its not pure fire tv stick related cause as i tested, dream player works always (mediacodec enabled).
i made some 1080i samples and tagged them

CBL- <<-- Cable TV
SAT- <<-- Sat TV

the working ones are tagged in the end -WORKING, all others are not playing in kodi

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ynraxtb8hch1n...4exxa?dl=0

another test i tryed, vlc and enabled full hardware mode (no auto), all files play.
and also loaded the tvheadend playlist in vlc http://tvheadendip:9981/playlist and also, all channels working Wink
(2018-11-23, 08:31)fritsch Wrote: Jep - try to ask amazon, please.

The Mp4 was MBAFF interlaced, funny that they can cope with that one ...
 @alturismo Have you opened an amazon ticket? Or is your stuff working fine now?
nope, no idea where todo that on amazon ... when you point i ll do that.

as this device is a once or twice / year device (buisness trip) and as i then use transcoded streams anyway ... no major for me.

i checked at amazon here but didnt came further then returning option wich i didnt wanted todo.
i am having something simliar on the shield, sometimes on some channels. channel starts with a black screen but sound runs, but here after a while it beginns to buffer and screen comes back.
for me it began sometime between latest beta and rc candidates. i tried to test since which build it happens, but i cant anymore, because there arent such old builds anymore.
i had an issue open on github, but over some months nobody replied or cared about it, so i closed
Just confirming that I have exactly the same behaviour on fire TV stick 4k in the UK. I'm using DVB-T2, from a geniatech T230 via TVH 4.2

All streams play fine in dreamtv player, but 1080i streams mostly crash Kodi and I have to kill the app.

All streams play fine on my Shield TV in Kodi, and on my old fire TV stick 2017.
Hi

Just wanted to report, that I am also having this problem in Denmark.

Using TV Mosaic with HDHomeRun EXPAND as tuner.
Also tried with TVH. Same result.

No issues on other devices. RPi, Windows 10, etc.
Try to contact amazon. They don't sell interlaced content and therefore also did not implement it in their firmware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I should have read this before 😖

Got my fire TV stick 4k of Friday and spent nearly 3 hours yesterday and today wondering why neither Kodi nor MrMC are working properly. I'm using Kodi by 100% for TV stuff (as a TVHeadend frontend) and I just was playing around with it in my home LAN.

Normally I'm using the Stick when I'm traveling and with Emby (my Emby server has access to my TVHeadend recordings directory and that way it supports transcoding which TVHeadend itself does not). No issues at all with Emby, on Kodi some TV stations did work, and others were always crashing Kodi in a way that I need to force quit the app.

After hours I found that the stations which are crashing Kodi on the stick are broadcasting in 1080i while the ones which are not crashing Kodi are using 720p. Checking Emby which is always working gave me the transcoding reason "interlaced content".

Finally proven by creating a stream profile on my TVHeadend server to deinterlace stuff and all works fine. So I can also confirm: Kodi 18.1 *is* crashing on the Fire TV stick 4k when interlaced content is played.
(2019-02-24, 15:16)netmax Wrote: Finally proven by creating a stream profile on my TVHeadend server to deinterlace stuff and all works fine. So I can also confirm: Kodi 18.1 *is* crashing on the Fire TV stick 4k when interlaced content is played.

Sigh.... Sad

This was a KNOWN issue 3+ months ago: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151

What is not working:
Honestly I do not know why people are buying the FireTV 4K Stick for interlaced broadcast TV viewing when as @fritsch said Amazon do not stream that type of content.

I just stumbled across this thread: https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/58

Sounds to me like a firmware update is underway.
Deinterlacing of SD content has now stopped working with fw 6.2.6.3 too. So much for a fix…
(2019-02-24, 15:16)netmax Wrote: Finally proven by creating a stream profile on my TVHeadend server to deinterlace stuff and all works fine. So I can also confirm: Kodi 18.1 *is* crashing on the Fire TV stick 4k when interlaced content is played.

Would you elaborate how did you do that? (TvHeadend stream profile that does the deinterlacing)

I'd also like to know how to do that, please? I can't see anything obvious in TVHeadend - any help appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick 4k LiveTV or interlaced recordings0