Playback failed for single DVD
I have one DVD where playback fails.  I select the DVD in Kodi, the menu for the DVD opens and plays, I select "Play", and this is where the error occurs.  It says, Playback failed, check log for details.  I can play the movie fine with VLC player.  And it used to play in Kodi, so I ripped it again and overwrote the old files, and Kodi still has the same error, but VLC player still can play the movie. 

I have enabled debugging, but I cannot figure out how to use https://paste.kodi.tv/.  I can cut part of the log and past into that website, but after that, I have no idea what I should be doing.  I say to save the file, but then I don't see how that links to this. 

Kodi is version 17.3, windows 7, 64 bit.  All movies, etc. are stored on a networked server.  All other movies, videos, music play fine. 

Please let me know if you need more information
Posting a log file: do not "cut" the log into a part, always paste the full log. After that, click on the Save option at the top right corner (the diskette icon), or press CTRL-S. Your log should now be save into a new URL which you can paste here on this forum.

But, eh... Kodi 17.3 ??
Thank you.  I upgraded to the latest version of Kodi (17.6), and still get the same error.  Here's the link:

https://paste.kodi.tv/opobericam.kodi
Sorry, it's How to Train Your Dragon 2 that fails.
OK, I've done more research.  I installed Kodi on a different machine, and the movie plays fine on the different machine.

How do I get the original machine's installation of Kodi to "forget" this movie and then re-install the movie?  Is it as simple as removing the movie's folder from the folder in which it currently is, starting Kodi and having it scan, shutting down Kodi, moving the movie back into the folder, restarting Kodi and having it scan again?
(2018-11-25, 20:56)ctviggen Wrote: How do I get the original machine's installation of Kodi to "forget" this movie and then re-install the movie?  Is it as simple as removing the movie's folder from the folder in which it currently is, starting Kodi and having it scan, shutting down Kodi, moving the movie back into the folder, restarting Kodi and having it scan again?
 Remove the folder with the video and all contents. Start Kodi, and use the 'clean' video function in settings. Ensure there is no reference to the video in the library, then re-install the movie and rescrape (deletion of the original .nfo would be recommended, otherwise the old meta-data will re-appear).
Sorry for my delay in responding.

I followed those instructions, and get the same error.  I also updated Kodi before that.

I did not see any  *.nfo files in this folder's structure.  Would this be stored locally with Kodi?

I also installed Kodi on yet another computer in our house, and ran this movie with no problems.

Should I completely remove the Kodi database and restart?  If so, how do I do this?
I finally figured out what is happening and how to fix it.

I removed all the database files and then started Kodi, removed all the sources, and redid them.  Did not work, the movie still failed.

I then went to the other computer on which I started Kodi and ran the movie from there.  What I realized was that the new system played the previews, but the old system did not.  So, I went to the old system and disabled skipping of the introduction material in the DVDs settings.

I have no idea why this works (and now I have to manually skip all the previews), but it works. 

Now, I just need to remove Kodi from the new system, as we only have one TV and the error was occurring on the computer that runs that one TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback failed for single DVD0