Android Internet Useage Extremely High???
New Here, So bear with my lack of of know how, where to post correctly etc etc.... Try to put this as short as possible, running nothing on my KODi other than have a NAS hooked up to it.... so here is my problem, when I'm watching videos off my NAS the bandwith is eating up unbelievable amounts of dataHuh not sure why as i have used a patriot box for years and ran all my movies, tv, video, thru that & had no change in usage... 
the only way I could get kodi to acknowledge my NAS was to run it thru SMB platform... not sure if this is the right one to use as I dont have information to put into any of the other NFS, Webdav or others...like I said really green here , so the bottom line is I dont have unlimited internet so I need a fix on running my NAS without eating up internet ... I was told by someone kodi operates on a P2P platform, if this is so that would explain over a TB in less than a month being used just in kodi.....also so were clear I have nothing added on no ilegal anythings....just straight running kodi!!! appreciate any help in advance....Thanks, Darrin
If you are playing video via a NAS, then your internet usage through Kodi is zero.

A vanilla Kodi with a library only needs the internet when scraping the metadata, and for a mid sized library that’s not much data usage
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
thx for your reply back... that is what i thought & understood from reading about scraping.... so I still cannot figure out what is is causing this, i can see it is just the kodi app that is accumulating the data... i can mark down what the usage is, put on a tv show watch it, then go back & see it has climbed up again, the usage is only whille im watching  a video....I know this should not be happening yet it is, so somewhere some wires are crossedHuh is this a peer 2 peer format on here or whatHuh  Really want to know where this data is going one way or another regardless if I have unlimited or capped internet.... some body please help me before i go off the deep end!!!
Is your NAS accesible from outside your house and you configured the external address? Either this or you maybe did install some addons. Can you post a debug log while playing a video? This might help.
thx for your reply... here is the debug log, i hope i did this correctly....here goes https://paste.kodi.tv/azayojemuj  ... & no i have not added any add ons up till now for the debug... My NAS is accesible from outside house, however i never used it, as far as i know i never registered it that way... like I said don't really get alot of the whole nas computer thing so I will let you know what I'm working with so maybe people will have a better understanding of what is going on or not going on.....I have a Seagate Go Flex Home NAS, 8-9 years old so i don't remember how I set it up or registered it... I have a user name & password that gets me acces to it off of my macbookpro, so for years i have always used it to just put my video files transfered from my mac, I also ran a patriot box set with LAN running to it feeding my goflex to the patriot to view my files on my TV.... So you could be right about the outside address but how would one go about getting that info....by the way just saw somewhere on line that Seagate is no longer offering the access your files away from home, because of all the other services out there like my cloud, etc.etc...starting in Feb I think.... So when all this started part of me thought it could be my NAS, but knowing anything about KODI I thought that was the problem, as i stated above some told me that kodi runs on a P2P system, so that would pull my internet usage quite high. [is there any truth in this?].....I have been thinking & looking at the WD my cloud, it might be time to upgrade & that's fine, but I'm not one to run away from a problem without properly fixing it ...So would really like to get this solved....Hoping someone can help me & I do appreciate everyones help so far....THX AGAIN!!
I am not an expert on Kodi, or on networks (or anything else for that matter, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once), so take this for what's its worth.  It sounds like you are using the external address, so you are both uploading and downloading at the same time.  You might want to check the amounts of data in each direction. If they are about the same you probably have the culprit, if not its probably something totally different.  The NAS should have an internal address as well (might just be an IP not a URL).  P2P wouldn't really come into it unless you had the address of another peer (another of your machines or someone remote to exchange with).  If you have only one-way traffic, though, I would say somehow this is happening.
Have you tried playing back the videos on your nas with any other program? Do you have the same issue with Data useage?
Unplug your phone line and see if you can still play videos.
I'm guessingyou've started from an installation that had skins/addons and have tried to remove them to eliminate the problem. Start with a clean install and see if the problem goes away.

Edit: Oh, that's not a full debug log:
"Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0."
You have to enable it in settings and reboot. Then post the link to the log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Useage Extremely High???0