Android Movie View Type Keeps Changing
I installed an add-on that wouldn't let me change its view type.  After each change it would revert back to the default.  I then tried to use forced views to change the add-on and that also didn't work.  Literally as soon as I started messing with forced views, something went wrong. 

Now the view type of my local movie collection will not stay on my preference.  Each time I close and re-open Kodi it reverts back to the list or poster view type, even though I chose the poster view.  This continued after I turned off forced views.  Do I need to reinstall the skin or is there some way to fix this?  Thank you.

Edit: This on Android TV (Shield TV) and Kodi 17.6.  My movie collection is hosted on a PC server using Emby.
(2018-11-23, 17:59)cosmicslop Wrote: I installed an add-on that wouldn't let me change its view type.
Are we to guess which addon that is? In general, certain 3rd party add-ons including the banned ones, can be extremely invasive.
(2018-11-23, 18:27)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 17:59)cosmicslop Wrote: I installed an add-on that wouldn't let me change its view type.
Are we to guess which addon that is? In general, certain 3rd party add-ons including the banned ones, can be extremely invasive.  
I only included that for context as to why I started messing with forced views.  Once I turned on forced views the problem I described occurred with my movie collection, which I access with Emby plug-in for Kodi.  I have since disabled forced views and still have the same problem with my movie collection.
(2018-11-23, 19:08)cosmicslop Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 18:27)Klojum Wrote:
I only included that for context as to why I started messing with forced views.  Once I turned on forced views the problem I described occurred with my movie collection, which I access with Emby plug-in for Kodi.  I have since disabled forced views and still have the same problem with my movie collection. 
Did you ever find the answer to this OP?

I've had this issue in Kodi now for a long time. I use Titan skin (and forks of it) and Titan and all of its forks do it.

Not just movies too, TV Shows.

Often I go into my library and Kodi flicks between two views back and forth for about 3 seconds before it settles on one (which is randomly either the default or a view I've previously set it to).
(2019-01-14, 10:27)Abbaskip Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 19:08)cosmicslop Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 18:27)Klojum Wrote: Are we to guess which addon that is? In general, certain 3rd party add-ons including the banned ones, can be extremely invasive.   

I've had this issue in Kodi now for a long time. I use Titan skin (and forks of it) and Titan and all of its forks do it.

Often I go into my library and Kodi flicks between two views back and forth for about 3 seconds before it settles on one (which is randomly either the default or a view I've previously set it to).   
1st / header is Addon related issue.not skin.
Addon can set forced views optional, if skin supports it, not wise versa.

2nd. Is a skinhelper issue, it needs to load the script, which needs 1sec. , if script loaded the view value which is set in the "forced view section" will be visible/used.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2019-01-14, 14:23)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-01-14, 10:27)Abbaskip Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 19:08)cosmicslop Wrote: I only included that for context as to why I started messing with forced views.  Once I turned on forced views the problem I described occurred with my movie collection, which I access with Emby plug-in for Kodi.  I have since disabled forced views and still have the same problem with my movie collection.    

1st / header is Addon related issue.not skin.
Addon can set forced views optional, if skin supports it, not wise versa.

2nd. Is a skinhelper issue, it needs to load the script, which needs 1sec. , if script loaded the view value which is set in the "forced view section" will be visible/used. 
I have no forced views set - just whatever I set by going into menus and changing. These usually save, but for whatever reason it keeps flicking between views.

I did think Skinhelper may be the culprit - but as it's required for Titan skin there is no way to disable it. I just don't understand why it flicks back and forth a few times, or sometimes doesn't at all etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie View Type Keeps Changing1