• 26(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2019-04-18, 12:52)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 20:44)bergi_37 Wrote: Hi guys,

I´m new at this skin. Is it possible to change the background of the start screen/home screen.

I mean instead of the "boring" sky picture, I would like to set an own wallpaper/picture for each menu topic (Filme, Serien, Musik, etc.)

Is it possible?
Yes, that's possible. Please go to settings -> skin stettings -> home -> customise home menu. There you can set a background picture for each menu item. Smile 
Thanks beatmaster, I found it and change it.

Can I change the brown color of the Menu row also? Or can I make it transparency...
(2019-04-19, 10:27)bergi_37 Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 12:52)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 20:44)bergi_37 Wrote: Hi guys,

I´m new at this skin. Is it possible to change the background of the start screen/home screen.

I mean instead of the "boring" sky picture, I would like to set an own wallpaper/picture for each menu topic (Filme, Serien, Musik, etc.)

Is it possible?
Yes, that's possible. Please go to settings -> skin stettings -> home -> customise home menu. There you can set a background picture for each menu item. Smile           
Thanks beatmaster, I found it and change it.

Can I change the brown color of the Menu row also? Or can I make it transparency...          

There are different color settings, also white. If you only want to change the menu bar, then you have to edit a file in your skin folder:
includes_home.xml, lines 1115 -1177

xml:
        <control type="group">
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home.oldmenuheight)</visible>    
    <control type="image" description="BottomBG">
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>160</height>
     <bottom>30</bottom>
     <aspectratio aligny="bottom">scale</aspectratio>
     <texture colordiffuse="Background">common/bg.jpg</texture>
     <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="75" time="200" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image" description="FanartOverlay">
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>160</height>
     <bottom>30</bottom>
     <texture colordiffuse="FloorFade2">common/floor.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="image" description="Shadow">
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>1</height>
     <bottom>190</bottom>
     <texture flipy="true" colordiffuse="BoxHomerow">common/sch2.png</texture>  
     <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(thumbnails.white)</visible>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>1</height>
     <bottom>29</bottom>
    </control>
   </control> 
   <control type="group">
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(home.oldmenuheight)</visible>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>220</height>
     <bottom>0</bottom>
     <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="75" time="200" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>220</height>
     <bottom>0</bottom>
     <texture colordiffuse="FloorFade">common/floor.png</texture>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>16</height>
     <bottom>220</bottom>
     <texture flipy="true">common/shadow16B.png</texture>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>1</height>
     <bottom>220</bottom>
    </control>
   </control> 

the main textures for the menu bar are "common/bg.jpg" and "common/floor.png". A quick and dirty solution is to fade is out by adding a line of code, f.e:

xml:
        <control type="group">
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home.oldmenuheight)</visible>    
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>160</height>
     <bottom>30</bottom>
     <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="10" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>160</height>
     <bottom>30</bottom>
     <texture colordiffuse="FloorFade2">common/floor.png</texture>
     <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="10" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>1</height>
     <bottom>190</bottom>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>1</height>
     <bottom>29</bottom>
    </control>
   </control> 
   <control type="group">
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(home.oldmenuheight)</visible>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>220</height>
     <bottom>0</bottom>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>220</height>
     <bottom>0</bottom>
     <texture colordiffuse="FloorFade">common/floor.png</texture>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>16</height>
     <bottom>220</bottom>
     <texture flipy="true">common/shadow16B.png</texture>
    </control>
     <width>100%</width>
     <height>1</height>
     <bottom>220</bottom>
    </Control>

After changes save the file and reload skin or restart kodi for changes to take effect.

There are certainly more elegant ways, but without skinning knowledge it is maybe the easiest way to do that.
(2019-04-19, 07:17)paulnaegels Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 13:16)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 12:36)Viper5 Wrote: Good afternoon beatmasterrs, could you help me to know what add-on I have to install to have the scores of the photos I attached in my movies? I do not understand and I do not know where to get this add-on "skin helper version from marcel veldts beta repo" Many thanks for your time and effort, I love this skin for my Kodi.

Ok, just a few steps:

- Please install marks beta repository
- From this repository please install the beta version of skin helper
- You need an omdb api key from the omdb website
- In settings -> System - > Add-ons -> Manage dependencies -> script.module.metadatautils -> settings -> enter your omdb api key 
- Press ok to save your settings
- Enable "rotten tomatoes and meta ritics count on library views" in skin settings -> leia-mod

that's it Smile   
Hi beatmasterrs

If have a question about adding the count of rotten tomatoes and meta ritcs. I tried what you wrote but how do you get omdb api key? is it free or do you need to pay for it? When to the website but can't seem to find it. Also when you go to that add-on setting there are 3 options. Do you need to fill in the key at all three of them.

Thanks! Love the skin! I tried them all and this is definitely my favourite. Keep up the good work.  
Thanks a lot Smile

get you free api key here: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx

in addon settings for me it was option called omdbapi key or something similar Smile
(2019-04-19, 14:31)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 07:17)paulnaegels Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 13:16)beatmasterrs Wrote: Ok, just a few steps:

- Please install marks beta repository
- From this repository please install the beta version of skin helper
- You need an omdb api key from the omdb website
- In settings -> System - > Add-ons -> Manage dependencies -> script.module.metadatautils -> settings -> enter your omdb api key 
- Press ok to save your settings
- Enable "rotten tomatoes and meta ritics count on library views" in skin settings -> leia-mod

that's it Smile   
Hi beatmasterrs

If have a question about adding the count of rotten tomatoes and meta ritcs. I tried what you wrote but how do you get omdb api key? is it free or do you need to pay for it? When to the website but can't seem to find it. Also when you go to that add-on setting there are 3 options. Do you need to fill in the key at all three of them.

Thanks! Love the skin! I tried them all and this is definitely my favourite. Keep up the good work.   
Thanks a lot Smile

in addon settings for me it was option called omdbapi key or something similar Smile 

Hi again

So I followed your steps and also activated the key but when I do all these steps nothing happens. I installed skin helper 1.0.38 under the repository. Entered the key in the add-on and enabled the function but still nothing to see. Even if I wait a couple minutes. Also deleted the simplecache.db.

Any more thoughts?
Thx!
(2019-04-19, 16:53)paulnaegels Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 14:31)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 07:17)paulnaegels Wrote: Hi beatmasterrs

Thanks a lot Smile

Hi again

So I followed your steps and also activated the key but when I do all these steps nothing happens. I installed skin helper 1.0.38 under the repository. Entered the key in the add-on and enabled the function but still nothing to see. Even if I wait a couple minutes. Also deleted the simplecache.db.

Any more thoughts?
Thx!  
Ok, when you have installed skin helper service from Marcel's beta repo, then you have to activate the Option on leia mod in skin settings -> leia mod -> "Rotten tomatoes and meta critics count on library views", cause ist hidden by default.
Um so this used to be my favorite skin. I absolutely hate everything else HOWEVER I have no idea how to start on getting this back onto my fire stick with the 18.1. Someone please help.
Hi @beatmasterrs 

I found a litte bug:

The watched state icon is missing in the youtube addons list view (in other addons or library objects it is there).

Would be nice if you could check that.

Thanks!
(2019-04-20, 14:45)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi @beatmasterrs 

I found a litte bug:

The watched state icon is missing in the youtube addons list view (in other addons or library objects it is there).

Thanks!
I've taken a closer look. Youtube addon uses the square layout, which does not contain any watched-state-icons. With the standard az-skin and az+ mod it's the same. I need to do some thinking about how to solve/improve this. Smile

I found a litte bug:

Thanks!
I have found a solution. But for now only for the youtube addon. Couldt you please test https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip? Smile
(2019-04-20, 20:16)beatmasterrs Wrote:

I found a litte bug:

Thanks!
I have found a solution. But for now only for the youtube addon. Couldt you please test https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip? Smile  

yeah it work's! Thanks a lot Smile
(2019-04-19, 17:14)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 16:53)paulnaegels Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 14:31)beatmasterrs Wrote: Thanks a lot Smile

Hi again

Any more thoughts?
Thx!   
Ok, when you have installed skin helper service from Marcel's beta repo, then you have to activate the Option on leia mod in skin settings -> leia mod -> "Rotten tomatoes and meta critics count on library views", cause ist hidden by default. 

It works now. The function was already enabled but for the first time it takes awhile before it appears. Thanks!
Super frustrated trying to figure out how exactly to get the RT scores to show.. I've downloaded and installed marcel's special repo.. I've got the box checked... but have absolutely no clue how to input my code..

I've searched everywhere and have literally been through every setting multiple times in AZ..I MUST BE A GOD DAMNED MORON..aaagghh

Please help!
(2019-04-22, 00:34)crutzulee Wrote: Super frustrated trying to figure out how exactly to get the RT scores to show.. I've downloaded and installed marcel's special repo.. I've got the box checked... but have absolutely no clue how to input my code..

I've searched everywhere and have literally been through every setting multiple times in AZ..I MUST BE A GOD DAMNED MORON..aaagghh

Please help!

First, lets make sure you have indeed installed the latest Marcel;s script
You can manually download directly from the Github , here
Save is in a location you can later find easily, and install in Kodi : Settings > Addons > install from zip file. The existing script will be updated.
Now, you can input your API keys in this addon settings: Go to  menu Settings > SYSTEM > Addons >  MANAGE DEPENDENCIES
Click on Manage Dependencies, you will see a long list of addons you are currently using, scroll down to find Metadata And Artork Module
Click on it, click configure ( or, if you are using icons, click on the configure icon ). You will see in the menu there is an option to input your API keys
(2019-04-22, 13:01)rykios Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 00:34)crutzulee Wrote: Super frustrated trying to figure out how exactly to get the RT scores to show.. I've downloaded and installed marcel's special repo.. I've got the box checked... but have absolutely no clue how to input my code..

Please help!

First, lets make sure you have indeed installed the latest Marcel;s script
You can manually download directly from the Github , here
Save is in a location you can later find easily, and install in Kodi : Settings > Addons > install from zip file. The existing script will be updated.
Now, you can input your API keys in this addon settings: Go to  menu Settings > SYSTEM > Addons >  MANAGE DEPENDENCIES
Click on Manage Dependencies, you will see a long list of addons you are currently using, scroll down to find Metadata And Artork Module
Click on it, click configure ( or, if you are using icons, click on the configure icon ). You will see in the menu there is an option to input your API keys 
Thanks so much!

After my meltdown, I discovered that I did indeed have the wrong file from Marcel and was able to find one that worked. The file you have pointed to here is larger and seems even more up to date so I have updated again. 

Thanks again...
If anyone is interested, I've created a couple of xml files that make the backgrounds behind the lower homescreen bar and widgets more transparent. 

Download them and copy them into the colors folder of the skin then select them using the interface>Colours option in the kodi settings menu.

(Note: if you update the skin they will be overwritten/deleted and will need to be put back).

I'm no skinner and created them by trial and error, so they are not perfect by any means - so if you don't like them, don't use them! 

Hopefully not breaking any kodi rules by doing this and linking to them here (is so - let me know)

Thanks to beatmasterrs for updating jurialmunkeys fantastic skin - it flies on my Vero 4k.

Faded

Clearer
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11