NextPVR not loading live tv channels on Kodi 17.6 Windows 10.
Running NextPVR as my TV add-on for Kodi 17.6 in  Windows 10 Pro. Problem is that about 99% of the time when I choose a TV channel from the list to watch nothing happens. The icon just sites there spinning forever and won't load the selected channel. Eventually after several minutes it will stop spinning and display some sort of NextPVR client unavailable error in red. Or if I logout or restart Windows 10 it most likely will work. But exiting or stopping playback of live tv will cause NextPVR to stop working again.

Yet I can open the NextPVR application and it has no problem loading any of the selected tv channels.

Updated NextPVR many times to the latest release and still not working. Is there a way to fix so I get live tv working in KODI?
I've been successfully watching Live TV with NextPVR and Kodi 17.6, so debug logs from Kodi (and maybe NextPVR too) would help.  Link in signature for how to generate debug logs for Kodi.
Problem solved. Seems like the NextPVR addon was the problem.

After updating from Kodi 17.6 to 18.1 I ended up having to reinstall the NextPVR TV client addon from the Kodi add-on library. Add-ons PVR client > NextPVR PVR Client  Graeme Blackly 3.3.12.

Can't tell if this is an update of the one I was already using or a different add-on. Only differences I see is no spinning icon when selecting a tv channel to watch. Selected channel just gets highlighted in yellow. Also when displaying the program information "I" button on interface or right mouse button there is no more Now/Next option to display the current and next program information. Only shows current program info like NextPVR does.
The stability of timeshifting in v18 is greatly improved so that is no surprise.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR not loading live tv channels on Kodi 17.6 Windows 10.0