Android Can't play file's with others characters in filename.
Sad 
Hi. I use latest kodi 18 bulid. When filename contains other letter than English I can't play the file. I replace in filename Tiësto to Tiesto and it works. In kodi 17 everything is fine.

My NFS settings -
https://imgur.com/a/DggXyiz
(2018-11-29, 20:20)Pete82 Wrote: Hi. I use latest kodi 18 bulid.
"Latest" is not a version number, and certainly not while Kodi is in a testing phase. So please be more specific.

(2018-11-29, 20:20)Pete82 Wrote: When filename contains other letter than English I can't play the file.
I'm going to blame Hanewin (and/or Windows...) for this. I can play video files with "other characters" just fine when using Kodi RC1 to play files on my Android 8.0 phone from my Ubuntu NFS server.
Look please - https://youtu.be/Yfj9oVXEsTc
(2018-11-29, 21:08)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-11-29, 20:20)Pete82 Wrote: Hi. I use latest kodi 18 bulid.
"Latest" is not a version number, and certainly not while Kodi is in a testing phase. So please be more specific.

18 RC
(2018-11-29, 20:20)Pete82 Wrote: When filename contains other letter than English I can't play the file.
I'm going to blame Hanewin (and/or Windows...) for this. I can play video files with "other characters" just fine when using Kodi RC1 to play files on my Android 8.0 phone from my Ubuntu NFS server.

Nope. Kodi 17 works fine and I'm able to play all files. 
I just performed this test on Windows 10 after seeing you reproducing the issue on windows with the Windows Kodi 18 client.

1) I downloaded winnfsd - a NFS server for windows with hardly any settings - and shared a folder with the command 
Code:
winnfsd.exe e:\KodiTest\ /koditest
2) Inside this folder i placed a file which I called
Code:
tëst.mkv
which has the same issue as you experienced.
3) I installed Kodi 18 last nightly (KodiSetup-20181209-c6107e56-master-x64.exe)
4) I added the nfs location as a source ( nfs://192.168.178.10/koditest) and played the file from it.

All worked fine. Obviously the kodi log has an issue with displaying the char (it probably gets mangled somewhere in the output), but the file played.
here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/pasovitero.kodi

I think we will have to see the logs from your hanewin server. You probably should try resetting everything to default in it, disabling NFSv2, disabling NFSv3 etc
And i just put a file there called 
Code:
Kapela Brodów in Moscow (1080p_25fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4
(copied it from your log) and this also works.

Interesting note: this NFS server is not showing these weird characters to me in the Kodi interface - but the files play.
I tested HaneWin NFS with a variety of Kodi versions I was running in portable mode on Windows 10.
Every time I completely closed Kodi, and then started another version. To keep things clean I also restarted the HaneWin NFS server after every attempt.

With UTF-8 enabled in the settings:
- it does not work in Kodi 16.0, although the file shows up correctly named
- it does not work in Kodi 17.0, although the file shows up correctly named
- it does not work in Kodi 17.6, although the file shows up correctly named
- it does not work in Kodi 18.0 nightly although the file shows up correctly named

With UTF-8 disabled in the HaneWin Settings:
- it works in Kodi 16.0 (but the file shows up as "tst.mkv" as with the winnfsd server above)
- it works in Kodi 17.0 (but the file shows up as "tst.mkv" as with the winnfsd server above)
- it works in Kodi 17.6 (but the file shows up as "tst.mkv" as with the winnfsd server above)
- it works in Kodi 18.0 (but the file shows up as "tst.mkv" as with the winnfsd server above)

So it seems nothing changed in Kodi, although it seems we never have supported UTF 8 names over NFS. and the UTF8 problem is either caused by Windows or specifically by HaneWin NFS (see below).
I can not understand how you were able to reproduce it working with Kodi 17.
I tested using Kodi on Windows 10 and placed the file called "tëst.mkv" on my linux NFS server

With full UTF8 name (displayed as "tëst.mkv")
- it works in Kodi 16.0 
- it works in Kodi 17.0 
- it works in Kodi 17.6 
- it works in Kodi 18 (log here, version used is 18.0-RC3 Git:20181209-c6107e561a)

My conclusion based on the above is now that it is a HaneWin issue.

If you want to prove me wrong please go ahead but you got to bring some real testing results including logs to prove this.
As I said before in your issue ticket (which i have closed for now), we need debugging done by you or others to show where the problem lies.

Right now I can not reproduce it unless I use HaneWin which seems to have no way to do any debugging as it is a closed source application with virtually no users or supportbase.
I have a info from HaneNFS author:

"tested an elder VLC on Andorid 4.4 and the latest vlc version on Android
8.0 without any problems. I also verified that non ASCII characters are
ok in VLC on Android.

Best regards,
Herbert Hanewinkel"

So if works in VLC it should be also fine with kodi?

When I set ANSI in Hane I see all files and I can play all. But non english characters are not displayed in filenames.
When i set to UTF-8 in Hane I see only files with english names. Files with other characters are not displayed in Kodi at all.

I will try to post hanenfs settings which shows correct names in kodi 17.6 with ability to play all files. Those settings not working for kodi 18.
If it works with another NFS server (installed on a Linux machine), like @Kib explained above (see Post #8), and it does not work with the HaneNFS server, why should it be a Kodi issue then?

To be clear, Kib could reproduce your problem as long as he is using the HaneNFS server, but could not reproduce your problem with another NFS server installed on some Linux and with that one the filenames are shown correctly even if they contain non-ASCII-chars.
You are now copy-pasting information from the issue ticket which i already mentioned is useless information.
Hearsay "Someone else told me it works when they use something else than Kodi" without any logs or debugging from the HaneWin NFS server side showing what is wrongly handled is not constructive at all - not by you and not by this author.

I just showed without hearsay that it works fine when I do not use HaneWin. We have tens of thousands of people using NFS daily and the only issues being reported with UTF8 support in the last few years are from 3 people using... HaneWin.

I can not reproduce your statement that it works with Kodi 17.6 when testing from Windows.
Can you try to reproduce this ? Make another video if you will and upload the debug log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play file's with others characters in filename.0