Help with decoding
Can't really find any specs or objective claims, but seems as though this may be able to help out with HD decoding.

http://www.dailytech.com/Computex+2008+B...e11967.htm

"The new media PC solutions are compatible with Windows Vista, XP, and Linux operating systems. The products will be available in three add-in card formats including a desktop PCI Express card, PCI Express mini-card and an ExpressCard 34 format. Broadcom will also provide the technology as a chipset solution for use in PC motherboards."

Would love to be able to use a cheap/cool/quite cpu paired with one of these. Just throwing it out there...
More specs here: http://www.broadcom.com/products/Consume...s/BCM70012

* Multistandard high-definition video decoder module supporting:
H.264/AVC HP at L4.1 1080i, 40 Mbps
SMPTE VC-1AP at L3 1080i, 40 Mbps
MPEG-2 MP@ML and MP@HL
* 720p, 1080i and 1080p support
* HD DVD and Blu-ray™ disc playback on PCs
* Protected media playback on PCs

Looks like our solution has finally arrived?
theuni Wrote:Looks like our solution has finally arrived?
I read about these when they announced them in January this year, and while they at first glance seem to have a lot of potencial I still do not see anywhere that it mentions general availablity, do you?

I think that most likely Broadcom might only sell these as OEM (in bulk to larger manufacturers), meaning the will then only be sold by third-parties as embedded and bundled with a complete machine, not as seperate cards that is sold directly from Broadcom to us end-users which anyone of us can go out and buy to plug into our existing computer.

In any case, where is the source code, libraires, SDK, and developers documentation on how to add support for these into a software video-player? Can this be downloaded for free by anyone, or...?

Without being able to add support for these in FFmpeg (the open source container format demuxer/splitter and codec suit that XBMC uses) this discussion is moot.

So I for one will not hold my breath util support has been added to FFmpeg and anyone can buy one cheap at any computer store.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester:

Would it be possible in the future to configure XBMC to use a different video player for different types of video?
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with decoding0