Aeon Nox 5 Not Compatible with Kodi 18 RC1
(2019-08-11, 18:28)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 19:25)YIRMASTER Wrote: Is that why the version of Aeon Nox Redux you posted works with Leia 18+ versions because of the textures.xbt file?

Also

We spoke a while back about possibility of creating a tool to transfer settings from Aeon Nox Redux to the Silvo version.
Have you had a chance to do that or did you decide not to?

Also there were some things that were preventing me from sticking with the Silvo version like limited menu and submenu items.
Were there any plans to allow more for those who like more than 5 menu options with their custom builds?

It doesn't look like BigNoid will is very active anymore and either I need to learn Python and do it myself or search for an alternative. If the wheel don't need to be recreated, I ain't lookin' to do it.

No it works cause of a 1 line change of updating the GUI requirement in the addon.xml.

I never said I would create a tool to import anything, you made that up somewhere along the way. What I did say was that I might drop Skin Shortcuts since it is unmaintained.

Even if I did that you would still need to recreate the menus. It is a different skin altogether so is not compatible with OG Aeon Nox 5 settings or Main Menu.

You don't need to learn python you just have to make the damn Menu again. It is really not that hard or time consuming. For testing I redo theMain Menu all the time on fresh installs and it's very fast to do so.

Also you can have an unlimited amount of Menu/Submenu items so not sure why think you can only have 5 Huh 
I didn't make anything up or say you were going to do it but floated the idea and you said it was something you'd consider. Maybe there was a miscommunication, no need to get all annoyed.

It is time consuming when you're making the menus using a ftv remote controller, I now have a logitec wireless keyboard but that is still time consuming.

You must be redoing the menus from a config file then I can see it being faster, I don't know how it would be so much quicker for you, I'm not doing it on a computer, if you have a faster way of doing it a tutorial would be appreciated for those of us just trying to figure this stuff out on our own. I have highly customized my ftv stick's menu and sub-menu items with quite a few apps installed some from repos some ripped from defunct repos where the apps are still functional like howard stern, bob ross, the russian guys app I forget what its called that always blows crap up, exercise apps, magic, learn to play guitar, noobs&nerds how to section, ARES, etc. Anyway with a lot of repos and apps installed I need to make the menus then associate them to the app or sections within an app which does take a lot of time. If you just make menus and point it to start an app and only have a few items sure that could be done fairly quickly.
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
Please be careful by mentioning banned add-ons. That's not something we appreciate.

Thanks in advance
(2019-08-13, 17:33)DaVu Wrote: Please be careful by mentioning banned add-ons. That's not something we appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Oh sorry
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
(2019-08-13, 17:12)YIRMASTER Wrote: I didn't make anything up or say you were going to do it but floated the idea and you said it was something you'd consider. Maybe there was a miscommunication, no need to get all annoyed.

It is time consuming when you're making the menus using a ftv remote controller, I now have a logitec wireless keyboard but that is still time consuming.

You must be redoing the menus from a config file then I can see it being faster, I don't know how it would be so much quicker for you, I'm not doing it on a computer, if you have a faster way of doing it a tutorial would be appreciated for those of us just trying to figure this stuff out on our own. I have highly customized my ftv stick's menu and sub-menu items with quite a few apps installed some from repos some ripped from defunct repos where the apps are still functional like howard stern, bob ross, the russian guys app I forget what its called that always blows crap up, exercise apps, magic, learn to play guitar, etc. Anyway with a lot of repos and apps installed I need to make the menus then associate them to the app or sections within an app which does take a lot of time. If you just make menus and point it to start an app and only have a few items sure that could be done fairly quickly.

A "miscommunication" sounds right because I have no idea how to code something like that and I would never claim to consider things that would be impossible for me to accomplish.

I make my menus with a remote every time and I use the customizer not some "config file". How about we start from the beginning and you explain how you are customizing the menus and then maybe I can recommend something.

About being annoyed, I only get annoyed about the complaining to set up the menus thing.

It think it's fast to do it and I just don't get the hassle unless you have a ridiculous amount of items. Even if you did then it is still a do it once and then your done until the next event that causes a Main Menu re-do.

Stuff happens man, skins don't get updated, scripts change or go unsupported. In my experience you just have to learn to deal with things like that.

IMHO of course Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5 Not Compatible with Kodi 18 RC10