• 4(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
Did this make it in? I can't see it in the settings
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2020-12-27, 23:44)TheBuz Wrote: Did this make it in? I can't see it in the settings
Unfortunately it did not. The developer suddenly disappeared and after numerous attempts to contact him, we were unsuccessful.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'd like to pick up this project and continue. Anyone has the latest version and working files?
(2022-03-12, 19:32)Greg25 Wrote: I'd like to pick up this project and continue. Anyone has the latest version and working files?
Sounds great.
The original PR submission is here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Greg25
That sounds fantastic.
This feature would be a great addition to Kodi.
Thanks!
any idea when this will be available?
(2022-04-08, 08:15)KrispyKreme Wrote: any idea when this will be available?
As far as Team Kodi is concerned, this is a dead feature. The original creator suddenly disappeared, which is unbelievable in itself considering the amount of time and effort he devoted to this new feature which was almost complete, and certainly in a usable state.
@Greg25 commented that he would like to continue the work, and has not been heard from since.

I think this is just a doomed feature. Sad
My Signature
(2022-04-08, 08:15)KrispyKreme Wrote: any idea when this will be available?

In typical Kodi fashion, I'd say "It's ready when it's ready". There are no deadlines here.
Would love to see this feature carried on, and would happy help to test its development.
Unfortunately I am far from skilled enough to code.

But urge TeamKodi to consider how good a feature this is and could be added to the core Kodi.
I've opened a new PR here, in case anyone would like to test it out: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21469
Thanks so much for reviving this.
I can't wait to try it out.
Is there anyway to test this feature? Would love to see this in Kodi but there seems to be no new updates Sad
I've recently begun using Jellyfin Server as my media library database server that integrates into Kodi. Working out a few minor issues but overall it works great. Jellyfin itself has a method to handle multiple versions of the same media, specifically with a naming convention from within the movie's directory as explained here. Would be cool if Kodi could do the same and/or work through the Jellyfin method. For now Kodi will see the extra movie version and try to scrape it as a separate movie entry.
(2022-07-26, 07:22)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I've recently begun using Jellyfin Server as my media library database server that integrates into Kodi. Working out a few minor issues but overall it works great. Jellyfin itself has a method to handle multiple versions of the same media, specifically with a naming convention from within the movie's directory as explained here. Would be cool if Kodi could do the same and/or work through the Jellyfin method. For now Kodi will see the extra movie version and try to scrape it as a separate movie entry.

plex as well - https://support.plex.tv/articles/multiple-editions/
(2022-08-16, 23:43)thezoggy Wrote:
(2022-07-26, 07:22)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I've recently begun using Jellyfin Server as my media library database server that integrates into Kodi. Working out a few minor issues but overall it works great. Jellyfin itself has a method to handle multiple versions of the same media, specifically with a naming convention from within the movie's directory as explained here. Would be cool if Kodi could do the same and/or work through the Jellyfin method. For now Kodi will see the extra movie version and try to scrape it as a separate movie entry.

plex as well - https://support.plex.tv/articles/multiple-editions/

Like Plex and Jellyfin I am in the planning stages to add this to the  Mezzmo Kodi addon in the near future without the need for special file naming, movie titling or file structure layouts.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1