• 3(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
So is there no way to install a version with this feature?  That's very disappointing!  I'm a diehard tester, ran all the Leia beta builds, and am very much looking forward to this feature. 

In the interim (if there's not a way to access a build), what is the recommended naming scheme and other prep work I can do?  I have all Blu-ray and DVD rips right now, each stored in its own folder with metadata scraped by MediaElch.  I plan on ripping my 3D and 4K movies next.  Where do I store them?  What do I name them so that (whenever a build DOES become available) they are picked up with minimal fuss?

Any other way I can help with this?  I'm a "script kiddie" in terms of development, can read Python, and am a professional Technical Writer for cloud web services. 

Thanks much!
(2019-03-24, 23:06)menkalos Wrote: So is there no way to install a version with this feature?
No there is not. You would need to fork Kodi and build your own.

(2019-03-24, 23:06)menkalos Wrote: what is the recommended naming scheme and other prep work I can do? 
The naming scheme is explained in the first two posts

(2019-03-24, 23:06)menkalos Wrote: Any other way I can help with this?  I'm a "script kiddie" in terms of development, can read Python, and am a professional Technical Writer for cloud web services. 
With this particular feature you will need to collaborate with @XODIDOX as it is his creation. When he becomes active again he might need some testers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much!   I really appreciate the quick answers.  You folks really rock with the whole Kodi project!  :-)
Great stuff! I wonder if similar method could be used for TV shows. For example for pal ntsc versions of episodes.
I realize it's a bit off, but would also appreciate an implementation like this for episodes.  I have repeat anime episodes on my server. different dub or release versions with unique edits where just multiplexing the audio streams wouldn't work and such, I can have 2-3 versions of the same episode for some things.
(2019-06-20, 01:49)DJ_Izumi Wrote: but would also appreciate an implementation like this for episodes
Being worked on... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972#...-496030780
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hii. I don't know if this is a silly question, but how to add or enable the "versions" button manually or with XML? Confused
I'm testing the last version of Kodi 19 (Alpha) with the default skin, everything is OK but there is no version button.
@lordvandad

This feature is not included in the nightly releases of v19. It is still a work in progress.

You can follow it here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972#...-496030780
My Signature
(2019-08-11, 00:14)Karellen Wrote: @lordvandad

This feature is not included in the nightly releases of v19. It is still a work in progress.

You can follow it here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972#...-496030780

Thankssss... Blush
How is the progress coming on this.  It's now November, 3 months later.  Any word of inclusion in the nightly builds?

Looking forward to seeing this feature!  I keep both 1080p and 4K versions in my main network drive. So my Xbox (main living room player) sees both of those versions in the lists.  I have a script that automatically updates a USB drive every time I plug it in that copies over everything EXCEPT 4K for taking in our RV on weekend trips to play on the Raspberry PI based player that I have there.  I need both versions.  But I would VERY much like to reduce the clutter in the movie list on my living room KODI. 

Thanks a lot!
I'm currently looking into something like this, but rather than SD/1080p/4K/3D/Extended and so on, just about multiple language... I think that's something you should also consider!

Let me explain,
 I use the Google Drive addon on Kodi, this allow me to stream my Movies/TV Shows from Google but there's something annoying... When transcoding, Google just picks the default tracks and ignore the others (that's apparently a Google API limitation) so I'm thinking about making multiple version of each movies with let's say, one with english audio and one with french audio.

Thanks to this new feature, I'd be able to select which one I want upon launch! So I wouldn't have to deal with Google limitations (so anyone else) and...

There can be even more added to that!
A setting could be added on a per-Kodi profile basis like "When there's multiple version movie with language tag, select:" and a choice like "English, French, Original Version"... This way each users could be able to pick their choice (or else, prompt the to pick their chosen version).
For exemple, I hate dubbed versions of films so I would pick "Original Version", my english cousin (fictionnal, don't look him up) would pick "English" as he can't handle Japanese voices and my lazy bro would pick "French" because he doesn't want to read subtitles.
The "English, French, Original Version" versions name would of course have to be set from the version button.

That's pretty much it! I'd be glad to help if there's anything I can do!
Thanks
Hi
With the v19 alpha out, is this something that's included in that?
No, the person that was working on it has gone missing.
ahh, that sucks. Just to to hope for someone else to pick it up?
I want this so much
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1