Issues with multiple simultaneous recordings
Hi all.  I had this issue with an old rig, but I just got an Intel NUC i5 with 16gb of DDR4 RAM and SSD hard drive and am having the same issue.  NextPVR works nearly flawlessly when recording a single channel, but when I stress NPVR to record 4 simultaneous channels, the playback of recordings will have issues.  That is, during playback, the video will occasionally loop back over itself and then resume again.  I checked the CPU and RAM performance during this time, and they never exceeded 40% of capacity.  I also installed the updated driver here: https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post528538 . Before the installation of this driver, I would have issues with even a single a single recording.  One last thing...now that I installed the updated driver, the NRecord log file no longer shows the same level of detail, so there is not much to share in terms of what could be wrong.  Does anyone have any ideas of things to try?  Thanks.
(2018-12-01, 21:18)WhiteThnder Wrote: That is, during playback, the video will occasionally loop back over itself and then resume again.
 Does that happen during playback of a recording, or only live tv? I've seen a couple of reports of this for live tv a couple of IPTV providers, but they'd indicated recordings were fine. (trying to determine if this is the same thing or something new)
Actually, only during playback of recording. Does not happen during live stream watching.
Some additional information...after some further tests, 3 simultaneous seems to be the cap. After three, it starts to loop. I monitored both CPU/RAM/Disk side by side with internet traffic speeds. CPU averaged around 50% but had peaks in the 80s. RAM was steady at 25% and disk performance was inconsequential. Internet down speeds were steady around 7mbps. Any ideas?
Ideas? No, not really. 

This was just streaming across the local network right? ie, weren't streaming from a backend across the internet, or recording from an IPTV source at the time? (ie, the recordings themselves exist on disk, and are otherwise fine when played individually)
No. These are recordings from an IPTV service that otherwise look fine when viewing. The same playback issues occur on server as other client devices, so the problem definitely originates during the recording process. I’ve also noticed that if I inititiate the recording through NPVR on the server, it doesn’t have these issues (until I get to 4 simultaneous) and when I initiate the recording through the NPVR plugin through kodi, it tends to have issues.
Did you install the patch that was uploaded later in the same thread your referenced on the NextPVR forum?

Martin
No problem recording 4 simultaneous programmes with DVB-T tuners.
(2018-12-03, 20:40)emveepee Wrote: Did you install the patch that was uploaded later in the same thread your referenced on the NextPVR forum?

Martin

Can you point me to the one after the one I referenced? The latest I see is from 11/18 which is the one I copied.
There is an newer one a the thread now.  The link name may violate the TOS here even though the fix is generic.

Martin
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post529004
No go. I replaced the file, but still have weird issues. For example, I recorded three back go back programs and although the content was recorded in its entirety, there was a looping sequence within it. Also, (not sure if it’s related), but the duration of the video isn’t correct. It is either very short (4-5 min) and can’t be fast forwarded or the duration goes to 24-25 hours and beyond. Thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with multiple simultaneous recordings0