Duplicate entries in Kodi after scrape
A little something that has been bothering me for a long time, but not enough to complain (until now :-)

My process is the following:
1 I copy new moviers/episodes into their respective folder
2 then I scrape... it adds the .nfo / .jpg from the scrapers
3 then I rename, and the new files go into their respective folder, and all files are renamed
4 then Kodi integration kicks in, and the changes are propagated into Kodi's database.

But... I usually (every time?) end up with duplicate entries in Kodi. One is right, but the other one still points to the previous name of the file, until I do a library cleanup. I reckon that it is because there is another sync between step 2 and 3. So is my pipeline wrong, and how can I prevent the duplicates?
(2018-12-02, 17:42)GrosNours Wrote: 2 then I scrape... it adds the .nfo / .jpg from the scrapers
3 then I rename, and the new files go into their respective folder, and all files are renamed
Why are you scraping then renaming? I move and rename then scrape
(2018-12-02, 17:42)GrosNours Wrote: A little something that has been bothering me for a long time, but not enough to complain (until now :-)

4 then Kodi integration kicks in, and the changes are propagated into Kodi's database.

But... I usually (every time?) end up with duplicate entries in Kodi. One is right, but the other one still points to the previous name of the file, until I do a library cleanup. I reckon that it is because there is another sync between step 2 and 3. So is my pipeline wrong, and how can I prevent the duplicates?
Turn off real time sync, after you have done the rename just sync it manually
(2018-12-02, 18:32)komplex Wrote:
(2018-12-02, 17:42)GrosNours Wrote: 2 then I scrape... it adds the .nfo / .jpg from the scrapers
Why are you scraping then renaming? I move and rename then scrape  
I scrape before renaming, because
- first sometime the scrape is wrong, and I need the original filname to correct
- second, I use Ember's renaming feature, which takes care of renaming the file, the folder it is in (for movies) and move the file in the right folder (for tv shows). But for this, the file needs to be scraped, right? Or this is where I went wrong.

I could also use another tool for renaming, but Ember is good enough for me, and I don't want to add more tools.
(2018-12-03, 01:09)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2018-12-02, 17:42)GrosNours Wrote: A little something that has been bothering me for a long time, but not enough to complain (until now :-)

Turn off real time sync, after you have done the rename just sync it manually 
Yes, this is what I did before, but then I need to remember to sync. And it would means that automatic sync is useless (or at least has issues which make it *not good*)
The KI-Autosync runs every time Ember save a movie/episode into the Ember database and an valid NFO is already present. The first time that happens is if you run the DB update in Ember. Normally at that point NO valid NFO is available, most time only an unvalid release NFO. But if you use a downloader that creates a valid NFO than the sync will be executed and Kodi find the movie before the movie has been renamed and moved.
To fix your issue i whould set the scraper in Kodi to the "local NFO only" scraper to prevent movies to be added before Ember created a NFO and disable all the external NFO creator. You still can leave a (unvalid) release NFO inside the movie folder and enable "overwrite non-conforming NFOs". With this setting enabled Ember try to parse the IMDB ID from the NFO and the NFO will be overwritten after scraping in Ember. And for shure you can leave the KI autosync enabled.
(2018-12-03, 11:18)DanCooper Wrote: The KI-Autosync runs every time Ember save a movie/episode into the Ember database and an valid NFO is already present. The first time that happens is if you run the DB update in Ember. Normally at that point NO valid NFO is available, most time only an unvalid release NFO. But if you use a downloader that creates a valid NFO than the sync will be executed and Kodi find the movie before the movie has been renamed and moved.
To fix your issue i whould set the scraper in Kodi to the "local NFO only" scraper to prevent movies to be added before Ember created a NFO and disable all the external NFO creator. You still can leave a (unvalid) release NFO inside the movie folder and enable "overwrite non-conforming NFOs". With this setting enabled Ember try to parse the IMDB ID from the NFO and the NFO will be overwritten after scraping in Ember. And for shure you can leave the KI autosync enabled.
DanC, thank you for joining.

But I a still confused. When I get a now movie/episode, I copy it (with whatever name it has, at least good enough to be scraped) somewhere in my library (a new folder for a movie, at the root of the serie for an episode). At this point, there is no NFO file.
Then I do a library update in EMM, since it is (I think) the only way for EMM to see the new file.
Then I scrape (manually) each new file, which creates the NFO, but with the same (wrong) filename. If there is automatic sync, the file is included into the Kodi library, but still with the wrong name (and path)
Then I rename the file, which also moves it into its right place. And another automatic sync import it (again) in the database. And this is where I have 2 entries in Kodi.

Where is it wrong. I am perfectly happy with the NFO generated by EMM, and also with its renaming functions, so I don't use, and don't want to use other tools. Kodi scraper is set to local NFO only, so that EMM is the only source.
Episodes wil be scraped automatically during the DB update process if the tv show is known (TVDb, TMDb or IMDb of the tv whos is known) and the NFO will be created. That means the autosync runs sucessfully before you renamed the files. That can be prevented if you enable all the autorenaming options under Settings => Modules => Renamer. The autorenaming process will be executed one step before the saving and syncing process.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate entries in Kodi after scrape0