Hyperion on x86/x64
Help needed Smile Anyone can please explain exactly how to install the NG version (in a typical libreelec x86_64)
(2020-01-01, 15:29)rykios Wrote: Help needed Smile Anyone can please explain exactly how to install the NG version (in a typical libreelec x86_64)
Sorry, I can't help you with libreelec. I'm using ubuntu (x86_64).
I just tried hyperion.ng on Ubuntu x64. It is working. But everytime I start the hyperion grabber for X11 my kodi session starts stuttering. 
Movies are not watchable this way. 

I even turned down the grabber settings as far as possible and reduced refreshrate, but there is still a noticeable lag.
It does not seem to be a CPu problem, since I dont see load spikes. I have to find the bottleneck. Maybe it is because of 4K resolution?
(2020-01-12, 14:39)fightforlife Wrote: I just tried hyperion.ng on Ubuntu x64. It is working. But everytime I start the hyperion grabber for X11 my kodi session starts stuttering. 
Movies are not watchable this way. 

I even turned down the grabber settings as far as possible and reduced refreshrate, but there is still a noticeable lag.
It does not seem to be a CPu problem, since I dont see load spikes. I have to find the bottleneck. Maybe it is because of 4K resolution?
I'm using 1080p output only. I don't notice any stuttering. X11 grabber runs smooth on 25 fps with 250 LED Ambilight here.
Can you check with 1080p resolution?
(2020-01-04, 18:25)jojo1411 Wrote:
(2020-01-01, 15:29)rykios Wrote: Help needed Smile Anyone can please explain exactly how to install the NG version (in a typical libreelec x86_64)
Nice to hear that. Is there a DEB package or have I to compile this by my own?
(2020-02-04, 23:07)AlexKid Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 18:25)jojo1411 Wrote:
Nice to hear that. Is there a DEB package or have I to compile this by my own? 
I compiled it by myself. See CompileHowto or CrossCompileHowto on hyperion-ng github page.
Yes I read this and compiled it. Works really good. At the moment I only use the x11 grabber. I think I will update my Server also when I find some time.
Hi.
Here you can install hyperion.ng to libreelec. The installation works but selecting grabber x11 it bootloops. Does for somoeone works x11 grabbing on libreelec?
Note
Hyperion.sh script is for installing the hyperiond as a service.

Code:
curl -# -L --get https://github.com/hyperion-project/hype...x11.tar.gz | tar --strip-components=1 -C /storage share/hyperion -xz
/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond
wget http://bite-in.com/siol/hyperion.sh
chmod 755 hyperion.sh
./hyperion.sh
Sorry, I wanted to get some help. I have an Intel NUC with Libreelec.  I have seen this very cheap Ambilight setups that advertise that they use Hyperion for windows and that it works with the PI.  As a Librelere Intel NUC owner, I was wondering if it is possible to use it with the NUCl/LIBREELEC/HYPERION setup.  Is the hardware even compatible with that type of setup...All the advertisements are really unclear. It says it works with PCs...but that's as far as much info as I can understand. I don't want to convert my NUC to windows 10 just for that usage....anyways appreciate it if anyone has had exprince wuith them and could guess as to wether it would work with my setup.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yinice
Hey Guys, 

I updated from kodi 17 to Kodi 18, now I'm also having that flickering issue, is there already another workaround, or is currently the only way the use of x11 grabbing?
(Custom NAS running Kodi, seperate raspi running hyperion) 

Thank you!

Regards,
K
(2021-01-15, 17:46)Klouse Wrote: Hey Guys, 

I updated from kodi 17 to Kodi 18, now I'm also having that flickering issue, is there already another workaround, or is currently the only way the use of x11 grabbing?
(Custom NAS running Kodi, seperate raspi running hyperion) 

Thank you!

Regards,
K
use hyperion.ng instead

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hyperion on x86/x640