• 15(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
you can do near anything with eventghost... and 40ft? you crazy?
Hi All,

I am using the "PS3 Blu-Link Universal Remote Control" and EventGhost with Microsoft BT stack.
However the autorepeat function does not work. I see several questions about it and several people that this seems to be working for them.
So I am not sure, whether this is the remote or EventGhost problem.
If someone can suggest a lead, it would be great.

Thanks.
I have the ps3 remote with repeat functions working fine, how do you have yours set up?
karatekickz Wrote:Would it be possible for someone to post their complete EventGhost xml file (with xbmc/ps3 remote keymappings) and the included code for the remote sleep? A simple step by step setup would be nice too Wink. I just think it would tiddy up the thread a bit.

Thanks everyone for their hard work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2dw952avmoud23x

You will need to open the the Playstation 3 Remote Standby tree (folder under the autostart tree, open the ps3 hibernate tree, and then configure the start program: PS3remotesleep.exe action and set it to the directory you have the exe in.
The timer is set to run at 60 seconds, Most commands are for XBMC, there is one to bring up the task manager & one to bring up the aero task switcher
The arrow keys are all able to autorepeat.
You guys should be able to work out anything else you need/want using this config/google.

EDIT: Also, the Play/Pause/Stop/Prev/Next buttons are all set as media keys so they should work with any program including aimp/wmp/itunes etc etc etc
Going to give this a try when i get home tonight!
SkItZo Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?2dw952avmoud23x

You will need to open the the Playstation 3 Remote Standby tree (folder under the autostart tree, open the ps3 hibernate tree, and then configure the start program: PS3remotesleep.exe action and set it to the directory you have the exe in.
The timer is set to run at 60 seconds, Most commands are for XBMC, there is one to bring up the task manager & one to bring up the aero task switcher
The arrow keys are all able to autorepeat.
You guys should be able to work out anything else you need/want using this config/google.

EDIT: Also, the Play/Pause/Stop/Prev/Next buttons are all set as media keys so they should work with any program including aimp/wmp/itunes etc etc etc
--------
Hi

It worked fine, i'v just needed to delete the old "start program: PS3remotesleep.exe action", and add it again using the new path. It worked!.
Does the Generic X10 plugin have to function for this to work?

I have the new PS3 media remote (with vol up/down), downloaded and installed Eventghost, PS3 remote plugin and XBMC2. I then opened Skitzo's config above and get the following in the log:

Error starting plugin: X10 remote
No x10 receiver found

The remote works using Blumote, eliminating driver issues (I believe) but I would really like to use the PS3 sleep function and the volume buttons on the bottom of the remote (unable to assign in Blumote).

I have also edited the PTY config to increase the search time to 2000, following a thread on the Eventghost forum.
schooleydoo Wrote:Does the Generic X10 plugin have to function for this to work?

I have the new PS3 media remote (with vol up/down), downloaded and installed Eventghost, PS3 remote plugin and XBMC2. I then opened Skitzo's config above and get the following in the log:

Error starting plugin: X10 remote
No x10 receiver found

The remote works using Blumote, eliminating driver issues (I believe) but I would really like to use the PS3 sleep function and the volume buttons on the bottom of the remote (unable to assign in Blumote).

I have also edited the PTY config to increase the search time to 2000, following a thread on the Eventghost forum.

if you don't have an x10 then just remove the x10 stuff so you don't get the error.
VoxCommando.com
Question!! I following step as shown.

Downloaded EventGhost v.3.6 (earlier version) not recent one. Open "PS3 Remote with Hibernation.xml"

It detect the keypress on the PS3 remote. I launch XBMC, pressing the remote does nothing, no movement at all.

Eventually I want to modified the XML to make it compatible with my Windows Media Center. I have two computer, one with XBMC and one with WMC.

Please advise me of how to make this remote work with both Media center PC.

One more question:

On keypad 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0. I know that 2 have abc, 3 have def.....Is there anyway we can make it work with PS3 remote (new one with the volume, channel, mute button).

Please help!!!

What I am doing wrong? or what else I need to do to get it working.
http://eventghost.net/docs/
VoxCommando.com
Jitterjames,

Can you more specific, I am new to EventGhost, treat me as a noob...I have try to read the documentation, but didn't me any good.

Can you guide me to a specific instruction of why the remote taking the command in EG, but nothing happen in XMBC or WMC.

Do I need a MCE Reciever of some type. I thought PS3 Remote emulate keyboard stroke, no need for reciever like (R06.....)

They were said something about your XBMC or WMC has to be in focus. Don't know what that mean...? Or I am missing something important in order to make it work?
Make a little effort. Read the instructions. Someone went to a lot of effort to create the (free) program and the (free) documentation. You can't take a bit of time to read the instructions? Either that or look on youtube for some tutorials.

You need to assign events to macros. events from your ps3 will show up in the log, but they won't do anything until you assign them to macros.

At the very least read the "Controlling your living room with EventGhost" and "Short Manual" links on the documentation page. They are well written and not hard to understand if you are willing to spend a bit of time and effort on it. If you can't do this you are just wasting other peoples time asking for help.
VoxCommando.com
I have went and re-read the documentation again, and some of them make sense, and some maybe new to me.

But thank you to your comment about "you need to assign event macros. That make it work for me. Well, good new is, I am able to get the remote to work with my XBMC and WMC.

The only thing I wonder now is how to get this done...

On the Media Center keypad, there is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0. But the 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 can also do abc, def, ghi.....etc... kinda like SMS. There is none on PS3 remote? Can we do it?

Wonder if anybody know how to achieve this function?
it depends on which program you are trying to use it with. With WMC it may be sufficient to emulate keyboard number-pad keystrokes and WMC will handle the logic of converting the numpads to letters.

With XBMC you probably need to send specific SMS key actions. Look under in the EventGhost XBMC2 plugin try looking at the macros in:
Actions >> Uncategories Actions

There is also the possibility of using the EventGhost multitap plugin, but I am not familiar with it so you are best to look at the EventGhost multitap wiki and if you have questions to ask on the EventGhost multitap forum if you need help.
VoxCommando.com
riaanc Wrote:You're in luck. Thats the normal behaviour. The device re-appearing is just the bluetooth service starting up again.

This is where I am at right now, after using the macro script posted by James that adds all the actions and macros for PS3remotesleep (Thanks for that).

But surely that is defeating the object if it disables bluetooth (disconnecting the remote) and then immediately enables bluetooth (remote reconnects), without a button press?

Also, my timer does not seem to run automatically, its almost as if it is waiting for an action to start it. I am a little unclear on the wildcard (PS3.Button.*). I think this saying that any button press resets the timer? But any bottun does not seem to start the timer in the first place, so there isn't anything to reset? If I manually click on the macro and push the start button (green one on the Eventghost top bar), it works fine as above.

PS - my problem with X10 was resolved by creating my own tree and actions. Not sure why Skitzo's XML didn't work for me but thank you anyway.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2