• 9(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
phvrc2nt Wrote:@the dogg

we're u able to figure out how the battery check works using event ghost?

Not yet, I didn't had much time to spend on this, I will try to figure it out this week-end and I'll let you know.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

@ the dogg

thanks for the quick reply.
but after weeks of trial and error.

i guess i'll stick to the HID ps3 driver than the customized one.
for the main reason that using the ps3 plugin that was specefically designed for ps3, my batteries last a bit shorter.

just like today, my remote stopped functioning. no idea on why. no battery status either. so i switched to my old config using the HID plugin and alas. it still works.

though the battery is low indeed. level 2 for that matter. still, i guess the customized plugin for ps3 stops working after battery level drops to 2. the HID plugin / script i customized though would still work even if battery level drops to 1. and of course, once it stops functioning, i can always open event ghost to get a confirmation of my last keypress thru the logs and see that the battery level indeed dropped.

Smile of coursel, one drawback is that enduring events wont be active. but that's a small price to pay for extracting the last bit of power from my ps3 batteries...
I managed to get it paired and it shows in bluetooth device list ad BD Remote control.
Also under services of this device there is a service listed as keyboard ...

I then loaded the xbmc into eventghost but I don't get any events to the keys pressed on the remote control.

I was wondering if anyone knows why I don't get events or how to troubleshoot this issue.
@ adobe

what os are you using?
the best way to start is by just loading the xml files provided here. a few posts above this post.
Ok, I have got the remote work on my computer, great.

Now I was wondering if I can use it to wake up my pc from suspend mode, i.e. similar as the IR remote.

Also I would appreciate any advice if I should continue using my IR media center remote or I can get the PS3 remote do the same thing. The difference is that if I use the IR then I need the USB receiver hanging around my pc where the PS3 can use the bluetooth integrated in my motherboard.

thanks again.
@adobe

that's good to hear you got the remote working.

with regards to the pc waking up from suspend mode. as of the moment, i highly doubt if it is indeed possible. no one as far as i know, have made that suspend wake work.

on the part of your IR media center remote. if you're exclusively using the ps3 remote. i believe there's no reason for you to use the IR receiver. the ps3 uses bluetooth protocol and thus no need for the IR receiver.

with eventghost. you can make the ps3 remote work like an IR remote. please refer to the eventghost forum for download and plugin reference to achieve this goal. it is however possible.
does this drain battery when the PC is off if you don't unpair it from your Bluetooth adaptor?

I was wondering because i have people at home who will generally forget to unpair the two all the time..
@akademiks

i'm not exactly sure what you mean.
but for all intents and purpose. the remote only drains battery when your htpc is ON since the remote and the pc maintains a connection even if you're not using it.

regarding the unpairing issue, im not sure why you would want to unpair it though. it works like a regular remote. pair it once. use it when you need it. the drawback, if you have read thru the replies, is battery drain. based on my usage, my batteries tops out 2 weeks. then, i would need to recharge (i use rechargeable batteries).
phvrc2nt Wrote:@akademiks

i'm not exactly sure what you mean.
but for all intents and purpose. the remote only drains battery when your htpc is ON since the remote and the pc maintains a connection even if you're not using it.

regarding the unpairing issue, im not sure why you would want to unpair it though. it works like a regular remote. pair it once. use it when you need it. the drawback, if you have read thru the replies, is battery drain. based on my usage, my batteries tops out 2 weeks. then, i would need to recharge (i use rechargeable batteries).

Oh, so if I regularly put my HTPC in sleep mode there's no issue with that?
akademiks Wrote:Oh, so if I regularly put my HTPC in sleep mode there's no issue with that?

I believe there wont be any problem.
Your pc goes to sleep, so does the battery consumption I presume.

Do keep us posted if you encounter any problems.
hey,

i got a problem with my ps3 remote. after a while when i dont use it, eventghost log shows the events "system.idle" and "system.unidle".
after that i cant use the remote anymore (its still paired but i cant get it to work) and have to reboot the pc
is there anybody who can solve this? Blush
zorne Wrote:hey,

i got a problem with my ps3 remote. after a while when i dont use it, eventghost log shows the events "system.idle" and "system.unidle".
after that i cant use the remote anymore (its still paired but i cant get it to work) and have to reboot the pc
is there anybody who can solve this? Blush
Try removeing the batteries and put them back in.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hi, theres a couple of things I need to add to mine. Easy to do with just a single press. I am wanting a colour to close xbmc and a colour to shutdown windows.

I am wanting to hold the button in a couple of seconds instead of just pressing, in case I hit the button by accident in the dark heh. How would I do this? liek which events to add for holding keys.

Everything else is perfect, I have my home button opening xbmc aswell as it being used to go to the home screen in xbmc... and everything else is about perfect. Just one or 2 small tewaks and it should be perfection :-)

I used to use my xbox remote, but a couple of buttons broke. top quality remote this ps3 one, alot cheaper than the equivelent quality mce remote.
What's one of the better dealexteme dongles that someone has tested as working, besides the $20 one?
Can anyone help at all? should be simple for those in the know...

Also, is there a dvd menu command I can map to a button?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2