• 13(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
icemank121 Wrote:Thanks for the wildcard info! Another thing I did to make it a little more seamless was to turn off the hardware connect/disconnect notification sounds in the Windows 7 sound settings and also turned off the bubble notifications for the add/remove hardware task tray icon.

The application should actually turn off the sounds for you while its working and then restore them afterwards. Were the sounds still playing? Also, are you running the application as an administrator and do you have User Account Control on or off?
your sound disabling code works for me. I'm using win7 32 as admin with UAC off.

I would like to be able to turn off the popup bubble though, how do I do that, and can I do it only for this device or do I need to disable them accross the board?

by the way riaanc, did you ever try the blumote method of disabling the remote? It seems to be a more "silent" method without requiring the device be re-installed every time. It appears to work, but I don't have an ammeter so I can't say for sure.
VoxCommando.com
jitterjames Wrote:your sound disabling code works for me. I'm using win7 32 as admin with UAC off.

I would like to be able to turn off the popup bubble though, how do I do that, and can I do it only for this device or do I need to disable them accross the board?

by the way riaanc, did you ever try the blumote method of disabling the remote? It seems to be a more "silent" method without requiring the device be re-installed every time. It appears to work, but I don't have an ammeter so I can't say for sure.

You have to disable for all popups about hardware installation.

Right-click the task bar and click Properties. Then click the Customize button under Notification Area, then find "Windows Device Installation" and select Hide in the dropdown box.

I'm not sure if the sound disabling code worked or not, as on my HTPC I disable most windows system sounds anyway, I was just making the suggestion since I already had them disabled.
jitterjames Wrote:your sound disabling code works for me. I'm using win7 32 as admin with UAC off.

I tried BluMote, but I was under the impression it only switched off the remote with the Widcomm stack. I'll try it again and check. I did have an incident with BluMote: I pulled out the batteries on the remote and then all of sudden a torrent of those ding sounds started and wouldn't stop. For some reason, it was as if the down arrow on the keyboard became stuck.
riaanc Wrote:I tried BluMote, but I was under the impression it only switched off the remote with the Widcomm stack. I'll try it again and check. I did have an incident with BluMote: I pulled out the batteries on the remote and then all of sudden a torrent of those ding sounds started and wouldn't stop. For some reason, it was as if the down arrow on the keyboard became stuck.

It uses a similar device disconnect approach. It shouldn't require widcomm.
VoxCommando.com
I tried it, but I'm not sure it works on Windows 7 x64. I didn't bring my multimeter home with me so I had to look at the flashing LED on my bluetooth dongle. After 10 minutes it still flashed quite fast so I gave up.

Now that I linked up my alarm and home automation to event ghost, I just can't go back to keystrokes alone. I've got buttons on my remote control working the alarm system and doors.
yeah, I wasn't suggesting that you switch to using it, but that perhaps he was doing something that you could learn from. But if it doesn't work, then it's not much help.
VoxCommando.com
jitterjames Wrote:in stead of adding a timer action to ALL of your commands just use one wildcard event
like PS3.Button.*

try this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1544">
    <Macro Name="Timer: Start new or control running timer" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="PS3.Button.*" />
        <Action>
            Timer.TimerAction(u'ps3Hibernate', 0, 1, 60.0, u'ps3.hibernate', False, True, 1, u'00:00:00')
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

Im a total noob when it comes to eventghost, so would it be possible for someone to give me a step by step as to how to make this work? Would be most appreciated

Thanks
SkItZo Wrote:Im a total noob when it comes to eventghost, so would it be possible for someone to give me a step by step as to how to make this work? Would be most appreciated

Thanks

what do you want to "make work"?
VoxCommando.com
Ok, figured out that i needed to copy and paste the code into a macro,
Have now got the timer plugin/timer code/macro configured etc, what should i set to get the PS3RemoteSleep program to run?

Thanks
in eventGhost:

-add macro
- choose from tree: System >> Start Application.

set the path to the program you want to start.
drag the event generated by the timer on to the macro.

done.
VoxCommando.com
I tried that, problem being that the execute application action fires about a second after pressing a button and the timer seems to have no effect other than its own little world
(Countdown timer is still running but the application has already been run)
This is what my macro looks like

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1544">
    <Macro Name="Start Program: Ps3RemoteSleep.exe" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="PS3.Button.*" />
        <Action>
            System.Execute(u'D:\\Installation Files\\Media Files\\HTPC\\Ps3RemoteSleep\\Ps3RemoteSleep.exe', u'', 0, False, 2, u'', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Timer.TimerAction(u'ps3Hibernate', 0, 1, 30.0, u'ps3.hibernate', False, True, 1, u'00:00:00')
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

I know im doing something wrong here Tongue Should there be 2 macros in the same tree or should the timer event and the execute event be in the same macro?
you need two macros. what you have pasted here will put the remote to sleep every time you press a button. obviously you don't want that.

you want the ps3.* event to trigger a macro that will set/reset the timer.

you want the timer event to trigger the application that puts the remote to sleep.
VoxCommando.com
Got it Big Grin The timer displays ps3.hibernate which i needed to set an action within the macro that runs the program

Thanks for your help Big Grin
Laugh Cool. Glad it's working.
VoxCommando.com
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2