Getting remote work
Hello

I have two pc's i use XBMC with, it's so hard to get remote control working.

- MBP with build in IR (only fine RC with OSXBMC)
- Workstation with a Sigmatel IR USB Dongle (never worked)

I have and Xbox1 remote and a Philips Pronto so i can emulate any remote control!!

My problem is that even the IR devices are recognized in my OS (Vista) i still have no clue how to use them with XBMC. Some programs proposed depend on specific IR devices and i don't get why this is. An IR devices in Windows is not a general device once the hardware is installed, from where the Ir info is fed into apps??

I'm thinking to replace my Sigmatel dongle hardware for something that's working with XBMC, i only have no idea for what kind of Ir device?

On my MBP replacing the Ir is not an option, i also run Windows Vista on it and the remote doesn't work!

The Xbmc Wiki falls shot on this subject, it seems not the be important to have easy to setup Confused
I googled "Sigmatel IR USB Dongle" and it appears that is actually an IrDA receiver.

If you look at http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Receivers this shows the compatible remotes with EventGhost. I would recommend USB-UIRT as on their web page the mention the Pronto.

If the Pronto cannot be edited directly to work with the USB-UIRT then try EventGhost.

If you see my post on setting up the PS3 bluetooth remote, the process for any remote in EventGhost is the same. Just configuring the software to suit.
So my Sigmatel is useless? (at least at the moment) The Pronto works with any IR-receiver since it simply transmites Ir codes.

Btw the USB-UIRT is an Ugly beast not really fitting in the picture.

Is there a way to get RC to work on my Mac running Vista?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting remote work0