Solved Questions about picture category, listitem etc...
Goodmorning,
i have a couple of questions about Picture Category and how to manage it:
There's an ListItem in order to get the Picture File Date?
Tried with ListItem.PictureDatetime But obviously not every image/picture have the date encoded inside.
Still searching on the skinning manual and infolabels but i can't find out what actually works with pictures.

And another question is: is there a possible way to show with a ListItem the original image? I tried by using Thumb but the quality, obviously, is too low to make a nice preview of the image so i wonder if there's a way to show the original image without launching the slideshow.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion
Best Regards
(2018-12-05, 09:44)3xistence Wrote: Tried with ListItem.PictureDatetime But obviously not every image/picture have the date encoded inside.
Still searching on the skinning manual and infolabels but i can't find out what actually works with pictures.

Kodi can only show the TAG's the picture actualy have. You may try to cross chec with another software (picasa on windows as a example).

(2018-12-05, 09:44)3xistence Wrote: And another question is: is there a possible way to show with a ListItem the original image? I tried by using Thumb but the quality, obviously, is too low to make a nice preview of the image so i wonder if there's a way to show the original image without launching the slideshow.

guess best practice here is to show the Picture right from the Picture Folder via: <texture>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]</texture>

EDIT:
if ur not on Windows u might wanna give this tool a try, to "dive" a bit in to EXIF Data.
(2018-12-07, 13:07)Rantanplan-1 Wrote:
(2018-12-05, 09:44)3xistence Wrote: Tried with ListItem.PictureDatetime But obviously not every image/picture have the date encoded inside.

Kodi can only show the TAG's the picture actualy have. You may try to cross chec with another software (picasa on windows as a example).

(2018-12-05, 09:44)3xistence Wrote: And another question is: is there a possible way to show with a ListItem the original image? I tried by using Thumb but the quality, obviously, is too low to make a nice preview of the image so i wonder if there's a way to show the original image without launching the slideshow.

guess best practice here is to show the Picture right from the Picture Folder via: <texture>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]</texture>

EDIT:
if ur not on Windows u might wanna give this tool a try, to "dive" a bit in to EXIF Data. 
 Thank You a Lot!
Your suggestion about using the infolabel as texture is a very cleaver way to solve the problem!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about picture category, listitem etc...0