v18 - nVidia Shield - DVD ISO playback problem with Leia
Just wanted to say I had the same playback issue with DVD ISOs and MPEG 2 files on my 2015 Pro model Nvidia Shield, and this APK solved it! I haven't tried to replicate the reboot bug, however.
The issue has been solved even in the latest nightly or just in this apk version?
(2018-12-24, 23:08)AlleV8 Wrote: The issue has been solved even in the latest nightly or just in this apk version?
 I'm not sure (didn't try another nightly yet). But I would guess that it is, because based on what I can see on GitHub, peak3d is officially working on multiple issues for Kodi. 

Merry Christmas!
(2018-12-25, 16:26)Frodonf Wrote:
(2018-12-24, 23:08)AlleV8 Wrote: The issue has been solved even in the latest nightly or just in this apk version?
 I'm not sure (didn't try another nightly yet). But I would guess that it is, because based on what I can see on GitHub, peak3d is officially working on multiple issues for Kodi. 

Merry Christmas! 
I just installed the latest release (Dec.28, arm64-v8a/kodi-18.0-Leia_rc4-arm64-v8a.apk) and everything looks pretty stable. Video playing nice and smooth.
I've just update to the kodi 18 official. Can't play any dvd at all, it froze at the menu or just before entering into it. I tried with mediacodec off and on, no difference.
disable mediacodec, disable mediacodec surface. If it does not work, post your Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here is the log with both mediacodec disabled

https://paste.kodi.tv/yazorolequ.kodi
I can't read DVD ISO since v18 official release.

Clean install, starting ISO file, the DVD menu appears with background video, but nothing is responding: can't select a different menu item and pressing Enter does nothing. After a few seconds, everything freezes and I have to force Kodi to quit from the Shield app menu. 

Log file will follow.
Here's the log file :
https://paste.kodi.tv/duqopofuri
Everything is working fine on a clean install of RC 5.2 (kodi-18.0-Leia_rc5.2-arm64-v8a.apk).
Frodonf, thank you for this thread and letting us all know your workaround.  I have repro'd this issue on Official Leia release on two Nvidia Shield TV devices (One 500Gb, one new-style 16Gb).  I can confirm that RC 5.2 does not have the issue on either of these devices.  Kodi devs, please let me know if there's anything I can do for testing.
The fix that we included in the mentioned test builds regarding Kodi getting completely unresponsive has been adjusted and merged. It will be available in the nightly builds starting from tomorrow.
If you have issues please install that one.

Of course it will also be included in the 18.1 release when it's ready.

The issue regarding playback is still being worked on.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I hope somebody can help and has the patience to help. I'm pretty new to all this and therefore also ignorant of all the lingo that is used.
My problem is that I can't play any DVD ISO anymore since Kodi upgraded to 18.0 on a Nvidia Shield..
I just did a factory reset and reinstalled Kodi and the problem is still there.
I understand from previous posts that an APK can solve the problem, but what and how is not clear to me.
Update:
I just installed:
Kodi-20190206-7001c652-master-arm64-v8a.apk
So I figured out how to install an APK.

There seems to be progress. I'm able to play ISO files. However, in some cases it still freezes on an ISO file and then it will not play any type of file.
After a restart of the Nvidia Shield it will start playing any file again.

Is there a solution? And if not, let me know when I can help.
(2019-02-04, 19:13)Martijn Wrote: The fix that we included in the mentioned test builds regarding Kodi getting completely unresponsive has been adjusted and merged. It will be available in the nightly builds starting from tomorrow.
If you have issues please install that one.

Of course it will also be included in the 18.1 release when it's ready.

The issue regarding playback is still being worked on.

I am running 18.2 on my Shield and am still experiencing the playback issue with my DVD ISOs. Is this playback issue still being worked on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 - nVidia Shield - DVD ISO playback problem with Leia0