Bug Home screen not returning to 2D mode after playing back 3D movie
Hi,

Kodi 18.0 RC1 on Linux (LibreELEC 8.90.008)

Option to disable 3D mode is enabled in settings.
When I start playback of 3D SBS movie, Kodi switches to 3D mode as expected (together with resdolution/refresh rate change).
When playback is stopped, Kodi homescreen does not return to 2D (although resolution/refresh rate return to default).
In order to exit from 3D mode, Kodi/LE has to be rebooted OR playback of 2D movie has to be started.

Thanks,
Zbigniew
(2018-12-07, 00:23)klosz007 Wrote: Kodi 18.0 RC1 on Linux (LibreELEC 8.90.008)
That's all nice, but what's the hardware all about? Got a debug log (wiki)?
Also, LibreELEC does have its own forum.
Hi,

Sorry for delay. This is not platform-specific !
I tried LE 8.90.008 (Linux Kodi 18 RC1) on my Pentium G5600/ASUS H370-I Gaming motherboard HTPC AND Windows Kodi 18 RC2 (so newer version) running on my test VM (so almost virtual hardware). Both cases are completely different HW/SW but present exactly the same behaviour.

Here's what I did on Linux/LE Kodi 18 RC1 installation:
- enabled logging
- rebooted
- made myslef sure option to disable 3D mode after stopping playback of 3D movie is ENABLED
- started playback od 3D SBS movie -> Kodi properly entered 3D SBS mode
- stopped playback -> Kodi HAS NOT left 3D SBS mode, Kodi menu was displayed in 3D SBS mode
- started playback of regular 2D movie -> Kodi HAS returned to 2D mode then
- stopped playback
- uploaded logs: http://paste.kodi.tv/uzurasiyip
- disabled debugging, rebooted

Let me know if you need logs from Windows 18 RC 2 but this works exactly the same way.

Alternative way to go out from 3D mode is to restart Kodi (win)/reboot (le).

Then just to be sure retested 17.6 on Windows - Kodi goes back to 2D mode instantly after stopping playback of 3D SBS movie. Didn't have enough stamina to restore LE 8.2.4 on my LE boot pendrive and test Kodi 17.6 on Linux/LE but I'm 99.9% certian it worked properly there.

Just noticed there's LE 8.90.009 available with Kodi 18 RC 2. Quickly updated, restested, unsurprisingly still same issue :-(
Hi,

Any news or updates ? Were you able to confirm/recreate the bug ?
This is the fix, but it's not been accepted. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13878
I noticed this on my Linux Mint/Ubuntu based systems as well.  I'm running 18 RC from the nightly PPA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen not returning to 2D mode after playing back 3D movie0